Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Pics of Angel-Eye lancer headlights intalled!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol like kareem said. show some work, or tell us how to do it. you never even gave us a hint or anything and why would u floss them off so much to a lancer forum if your not gonna help us out. i dont know about the "Jdm" talk bout ur car but they look clean are they real halos around the signal? so can u use signal too or is it your signal lol. my idea = dremel thin plastic then put it over clear coat the thing n should be flush with lights in the back to glow them...easier said then done but eh. could be better lookin ways.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

No painting was involved with creating the "HALO" effect. but it might work if done correctly. The contoured surface of the blinker lense plus the groves on it create a difficult surface to paint, let alone customize.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot
No painting was involved with creating the "HALO" effect. but it might work if done correctly. The contoured surface of the blinker lense plus the groves on it create a difficult surface to paint, let alone customize.
Ha! So a car (with all those curves and grooves) would be difficult to paint? How the hell DO they paint cars with all those curves and lines?

Face it, you're a shop boy, either A u had someone do it for you or B you had a shop do it for you. The center of the blinker was painted... and dont say no cuz in the daylight pix we can clearly see the black circle in the center of the blinker lense. If you wanna prove us wrong... turn on the angel eyes and the blinkers as well.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

definately looks painted. too much reflection.. if it isny jus prove us wrong. you have yet to give us any other reason.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

kreme knows what he's talking about, he is our resident do it yourself guru

now, your saying you don't want to share the info on how you did it so others who want to get it done can do it...so your original, ok, i can understand that if everyone on this board lived in your town

we don't, so please give us the info on how you did, i think it looks good and would like to do it, i live in raleigh nc, are you my neighbor? no...so be a team player
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

some thing i found from a while back ... did u use this? ....

http://students.washington.edu/ashis...gel%20Eyes.htm
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

I think I see what's going on here... He only says they weren't painted He doesn't say they weren't overlayed in shiatty looking CF vinyl. The hole in the middle in one of the shots kinda looks like he was cutting vinyl, and scraped it with the compass (pic #2) He did claim that he made the inside of the lights to look like CF, so I'm sure he had the materials sitting there... the temptation might have been pretty high.

Either way, these aren't angel eyes, they aren't halos, they aren't even all that cool. Perhaps, if Lancelot can't deliver, I'll go take some pics of the car. Agawam isn't that far away.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:09 PM
Account Disabled

Here's the how to for his "angel eyes"

- Remove the headlights.

- Remove bulbs and wiring.

- Bake headlights in oven for 10 minutes (be sure to put it on a cookie sheet with a damp towel under the headlight to keep it safe)

- Remove from oven and remove the front clear cover from both headlights

- Pull out the blinker cover

- Cut out the "angel eyes" from paper (to mask the blinker cover).

- tape the papers on the blinker cover to mask from the spray

- Spray the center of the blinker lense with black high temp paint.

- Remove the paper mask (which should have left the outer edges of the blinker lense unpainted.

- Reassemble the headlights.

- Splice the parking lights into the blinker light and vice versa (so ur sidemarkers blink and ur blinkers are constantly on when parking lights are turned on).

Voila... u now have "angel eyes", the cheap, fast, efficient way.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by imajinmyfx
some thing i found from a while back ... did u use this? ....

http://students.washington.edu/ashis...gel%20Eyes.htm

wow, thats a useful write-up
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:03 PM

nice dawg.....it is looking nice...once u get some tims your car will be pimp
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:13 PM

I think I might agree with Hank. I cropped the picture and played around with some the levels and balances. Once you do that, a wooven look starts to emerge from the center. I am not saying that this is how he did it...but, it sure might be.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Kareem, the acts as an angel-eye, but is not yet wired to stay on canstantly. One of my friends and I are trying to figure out how to keep them on constantly with the push of a button........ The center of the blinker was not painted, but it is covered. I was able to use a high heat special order material that is very similar to vinyl by heat wrapping it, which is a pain in the ***. You have to use a torch and some weeding tools. Because of the high heat of the headlight, a normal vinyl or similar product will curl up on the edges and slowly begin to melt which will, in time perminately ruin your lenses. Then it has to be clearcoted with 1200 degree engine clear coat so ensure no fading over time from the constant heat beating on it.

And just because Kareem can do some DIY projects dosn't mean he's the only one out there who can do new things.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot
Kareem, the acts as an angel-eye, but is not yet wired to stay on canstantly. One of my friends and I are trying to figure out how to keep them on constantly with the push of a button........ The center of the blinker was not painted, but it is covered. I was able to use a high heat special order material that is very similar to vinyl by heat wrapping it, which is a pain in the ***. You have to use a torch and some weeding tools. Because of the high heat of the headlight, a normal vinyl or similar product will curl up on the edges and slowly begin to melt which will, in time perminately ruin your lenses. Then it has to be clearcoted with 1200 degree engine clear coat so ensure no fading over time from the constant heat beating on it.

And just because Kareem can do some DIY projects dosn't mean he's the only one out there who can do new things.
Then why not prove to us you did it... or how you did it? Whenever i do something i show STEP BY STEP how it's done, which people know im a Legit DIY guy. But you however refuse to tell us how it's done or even that you did it yourself. You need get off that high horse and start showing us some evidence. Otherwise ill make it my personal mission to go out there and take REAL pictures of your car with my dad's Minolta DiMAGE A2 camera and show every little detail of your car.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

Like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97051
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with Kareem. if you do something new, you are obligated to share it with all lancer owners on the forum, if not then you shouldve kept it to yourself.

Quick Reply: Pics of Angel-Eye lancer headlights intalled!!!!