Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

'02 Lancer Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
Hi what exactly are we looking at I see 10 pictures of two little chips blown up megasize... im sorry that ODFL created those little chips. Look into a bondo body repair kit from AutoZone for $10 and put a little spackle on it and sand. We will see what we can work out. Also take it to at least 3 shops for the best rates on the install..

2 little chips? i saw a wrinkle in a corner too, indicating poor construction. Dave, you gotta be kidding. Go to autozone and get spackle?!?!?!?! THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR COMPANYS REPUTATION AND YOU RECOMMEND BONDO?!?!?

why dont you take your product back and fix it yourself? this is either a problem with your low paid workers, or your Shipper. Either way its not this kids fault. But what is most shocking is that you just roll it off like it aint a big deal.

Dave's response to that guy is the reason i will never purchase anything from Accolade.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah that was a little shady
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by buzntxn
2 little chips? i saw a wrinkle in a corner too, indicating poor construction. Dave, you gotta be kidding. Go to autozone and get spackle?!?!?!?! THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR COMPANYS REPUTATION AND YOU RECOMMEND BONDO?!?!?

why dont you take your product back and fix it yourself? this is either a problem with your low paid workers, or your Shipper. Either way its not this kids fault. But what is most shocking is that you just roll it off like it aint a big deal.

Dave's response to that guy is the reason i will never purchase anything from Accolade.
EXACTLY why I wouldn't get a kit from accolade.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by buzntxn

What can I say sometimes the obvious solution presents itself.. If you dont think bondo/filler will fix the chips and you would rather ship it back to us with frieght fees in upwards of $175~ for a simple job, fair enough. Im in no means down playing the situation... some people are not being practical, I did suggest getting a low cost body repair kit which is very inexpensive.. I however did not say this will cost him any money since we would help him out. Even his body shop can do the job with ease.

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Sep 15, 2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I think i'll go with kaminari
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

join the group buy
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm already in it Danno
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

dave maybe you guys should start sending bondo repair kits with your kits that way ou dont have this problem anymore. just a suggestion. from one man trying to run a business to another, i think that you guys need a little work in the ethics department. if the problem is in the shipping area, get a new carrier. its that simple, you cant let your shipping company bring on the fall of your company. if you guys are building quality products like you say and im sure you are, then you dont need to have problems with shipping and let that effect your company. those problems should effect the carrier not you.

i say drop that carrier and get a new one before it effects you to a point that you cant fix.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

oh ya. lol
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Those chips are common when it comes to shipping. Its not Accolades fault...and upon examination of the closer shots of those chips they can easily be filled in with green/blue body filler really cheap **** and only a small amount of it is really needed. That price quote you got to repair those little problems is far beyond a proper price quote they are seriously bending you over fawking you in the ******* and every other opening you've got.

No offense man but you should take that hood around and see what other shops think...because if that hood was here I'd only charge you 200 for prep and prime and to tell you the truth thats still over priced! a job like that would only cost me $30!! what I'm charging you for is for the time I have to sit on my *** to sand and primer your hood.

I've worked at both body shop and bodykit distribution for CARisma [The guys that brought the Street Fighter kits to the states 1993 also co-owners of Black Widow] and most of the kits we got came in perfect condition its the shipping companies fault that the products get damaged from mishandling the product and don't say we should pack them better! We do and if we do pack them even more with more foam and bigger boxes that means higher shipping prices and product price mark up.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 02:58 PM

Well for all you to know i have gone to four body shops to get quotes and they all said the the bumper can be fixed up really cheap and the hood is the ptoblem did you all not see where the split in the hood at the rear of the hood the whole thing is splitting apart and all the shops said for it to look remotely good there will have to basically re-build that whole seem.........................all of these shop do lots of custom work i thought i was buying the best products out there in turn to have the best work be done by the most repidable shop here in Kansas...................... dave this is for you, what do you think in my right mind i would ship this back to you to get it fixed pay frieght charges. when you help other people that have similar problems, but i think you just want to make an example of me, you think i am crazy. i wish i could but since i am allready having a shop fix your low quality kit, i just wanted resolution i want you guys to admit you sell S!@# b/c you do.................well to all out there i warn you now don't buy from them even if there kits look good, it is just a pain in the a@# when you have to get all that work done to it just to make it look good, is it really worth it. i don't think so............also to adress the shipping company i don't think it is there fault for all of the problems with the kits you sell come on give us break you really should change and for all out there that will buy kit from accolade ask them to shipp it with there other company the use for shipping which from my knowledge was never an option to any of us out there have received bad product from them. i will post the e-mail i got from chris peterson
Accolade Body Kits <sales@body-kit.com> wrote:
Sir HOOD may have got damaged during Transit, but you could claim for it through ODFL,

As you were in Hurry we had to ship it through ODFL which is very rough on HOOD Boxes.

If you were able to wait for 3 days more we could have shipped it to you on EDI and on stronger boxes and this would have not happend.

regards
Christopher Peterson
Sales Division
www.body-kit.com
Accolade Composite Technologies
Sri Lanka

Phone [94] 77 7487160 ( 24 HRS Customer Service )
[94] 11 4833532 ( 00.00 + 6 GMT Colombo)
[94] 11 4832388 ( FAX )
E - mail : sales@body-kit.com
Official Web Site - www.body-kit.com
- www.bodykitconcept.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Accolade Body Kits
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Accolade Complaint

well i understand the fitment gurantee on the kits that is fine but the fact is body shop which the kit is know at th fourth body shop and they once again said that they are going to have sand out a total of 18 air pocket in the bumper alone and 5 in the hood and then they have to patch al the hole in the bumper and the hood and then re-glass the hood where it was molded together and was cracked.
adam
Old Sep 15, 2004, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

i dont get it...it has to be the shipping company...i know a hand full of people that i've met and seen and their kits especially mine were completely intact and in great condition. The fitment was great. I've got my car at the shop right now fitted with Accolade products and my bodyshop hasn't said anything about fitment or damages on the products.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DriftRunSir
i dont get it...it has to be the shipping company...i know a hand full of people that i've met and seen and their kits especially mine were completely intact and in great condition. The fitment was great. I've got my car at the shop right now fitted with Accolade products and my bodyshop hasn't said anything about fitment or damages on the products.
jsut bc you and your friends didnt have problems does not mean that others did not.

Last edited by pgmike; Sep 15, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Time out... You guys have to realize that Dave and Accolade are not responsable for OFDLs shipping habits... If you was a kit go IT, if want a good one Kaminari, and if u want a great kit... Accolade. Those little chips are MORE THAN EASILY REPAIRED WITH Bondo or a relative material.... The kits are great and made from a good material... its too bad that they are damaged in shipping, but once again i belive that OFDL is the one u need to blame to not Dave. Dave is correct in saying that bondo would be the fastest route to fixing it... as for the hood OFDL shippin claim should get that fixed bro.

any want to continue this, then IM me on AIM.... or PM me

Last edited by KUlancer; Sep 15, 2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pgmike
jsut bc you and your friends didnt have problems does not mean that others did not.

who said they were my friends? I met them and have seen their cars at the meets or car shows and saw no problems and heard of no complaints with their kits. I'm not saying no one should have problems with Accolade I'm just saying they shouldn't be pointing fingers at Dave or Accolade since its pretty obvious that the shipping company was at fault for the damages.

People complain too much on this board and people are so picky...you have to expect these things with such fragile parts and materials a good amount of pressure on fiberglass can cause it to crack and flex. I'm not saying this guy is being picky I'm talking about people in general on this board.

Quick Reply: '02 Lancer Body Kit