Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Aftermarket general maintainence parts?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket general maintainence parts?

I thought I was the only one with mucho miles on their Lancer.....I have 80k miles.
My question is, where do we go for normal maintenance parts (other than dealerships)? I know when I had to replace my brake pads a while back, I had to go to the dealer . A couple of months later they hit the aftermarket shelf. Need to replace fuel filter, should do timing belt (won't do that without a manual to refer to though), and any other normal maintenance items other than oil and oil filter.
Thanks for any assistance.

Todd
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:04 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find many maintenance items at Pep Boys. Some parts are best from the dealer though. Glad to see my 40,000 miles in 2 years isn't all that bad!!!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:53 AM
EvoM Guru

i dunno bout fuel filter since es/ls/oz don't have one, but everything else i've found at the auto store. pcv valves, oil filters, air filters, misc hoses, brakes, thermostats, etc all have aftermarket counterparts.

never really checked for belts and water pump at an auto store. i bought them at mitsubishiparts.com and did the timing belts, other belts, and water pump under 8 hours by myself. got a service manual on CD off of ebay for reference. you're gonna have to disconnect power steering so make sure you have fluid for it. don't forget to fill the reservoir back and it's gonna make a loud metal clicking noise that sounds like the engine broke, but after a while of idling while maintaining fluid level in the power steering reservoir, it'll go away.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:17 PM

No fuel filter?

Thanks for the info. Didn't know there wasn't a fuel filter. What would explain the sluggishness on hard acceleration at times?

Todd
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:18 PM
EvoM Guru

some say sluggishness is because of either fuel pressure at the rail or the itty bitty size of bore of our fuel rail, or both. i agree to an extent. i also personally think it's because of a our stock timing maps. from 3000-4500rpm, it drops in timing from 15 degrees to 10 degrees and back up again.