Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

sway bar parts question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2004, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sway bar parts question

i bought the progress sway bar and then got OEM perches for the time being. however having an ES i was left without parts that i didn't realize i would need.

I need to know what size nuts (i know they're metric at least) hold the bushing bracket to the perch. normally i'd just take the perches into ACE hardware and size them up but i used thread lock to put them in before i realized my error, and on top of that i don't have access to a jack until i get to my friends house to finish the install. blah blah blah, i know. stupid oversight. I just hope someone can give me the head size and thread size for these nuts. thanks.

here's a pic just to clarify what i need them to fit on.

http://www.moddershq.net/greenpsycho/uploads/2.jpg
Old Dec 26, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm dont remember exactly, its eitehr a 12 or 14, pretty sure its a 14.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:50 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Tomorrow I'm taking an inventory of the parts I have in the garage. I think I have a spare set of sway bar brackets and fasteners (hacksawed my oem sway bar off when one of the bushings covered the nut). Let me know if you want them.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

thanks guys, that's cool urbanknight. I have to go and buy new perches now anyway. i bought what i thought were the right size nuts, turns out i was wrong. just a hair too small, i had all 4 of them on the brackets and was half a turn fro mcalling it done when the freakin think snapped off, resulting in an accidental punch in the face. after swearing for a good 15 minutes i decided to take the other ones off until i could get new perches, i nteh process of removing the other 3, two more of the OEM threaded bolt parts snapped off. More swearing ensued.

so now i'm back to square one, new sway bar in my room and no perches. I really do have crappy luck when i try to shortcut something. i'll just chalk this one up to a lesson learned and take the time to wait for qualty parts in the mail instead of going for the conveient route of dealer parts. stupid me.