Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

NEX Full Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For a camber kit, check out www.roadracemotorsports.com - They are the only ones I know that carry a camber kit for the Lancer.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ some guy sells them on ebay for $25 do a search
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:03 PM

I had sprint springs on my mirage, and the springs would completely compress, leaving 0% suspension!!! did you ever have this trouble w/ those ones??? My mirage front springs looked different though, more like the rear ones in the picture.

To tell you the truth buying the sprint springs was money wasted, the ride was horrible used it for only two days and took them off. my boy had them on his car and had the same problem. from my experience i do not like sprint, i loved my tein springs i had.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I've had my Tein S-Techs on for 6 months and I've loved them. Not a problem and the ride heigth is perfect for me
Old Jun 18, 2005, 05:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
For a camber kit, check out www.roadracemotorsports.com - They are the only ones I know that carry a camber kit for the Lancer.
ack, i pity da fool who pays 90 bucks for 2 bolts

yeah, look for camber kits on ebay (for mirage or lancer). i got front and back camber bolts for like 30 bucks. there have been a few threads on this, and if your savvy you get to save yourself some RRM rape-age
Old Jun 18, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

I've always wondered about that. Are these like special bolts/nuts? Couldn't you just get them at a hardware store if you knew what to get?
Old Jun 18, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

for the record, www.ptuning.com has bolts for 23.95 + tax + 4.95 shipping. I have ordered from them before. Seems decent to me, thier bolts have a tab to turn in or out up to 1.75 degrees, for simple DIY adjustment.

What I am wondering about is the rear camber. I have noticed when my car was lowered on my last sets, (i had progress, then tein springs) I had quite a bit of negetive camber on the rear, which I waws unable to adjust to be even close to 0 degrees... I dont know if there is any way of fixing this, unless you use the same correction bolts for the rear lower bar (where you attach a tie bar)... I am trying to get all this info before I do this install of the NEX full coil overs, as this is the 5th, and LAST time i want to replace my suspension.

Stock, to Progress, to Stock, to Tein, to bounce, to Stock, to NEX full coil overs soon.

Last edited by EarsLikenElf; Jun 18, 2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
I've always wondered about that. Are these like special bolts/nuts? Couldn't you just get them at a hardware store if you knew what to get?
They have a peice (metal, or polycarbon maybe) that is shaped like an oval around the bolt. The bolt is thinner than stock, alowing you the strut mount to move freely from side to side. You leave the bottom bolt in and you pivot from there.... correct me if im wrong... but seems pretty simp.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Very exciting info, everybody. Keep us posted! This is the kind of stuff that I know I've been waiting for.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

If yo uhave the cash, you can get some rear camber plates from Tein. They usually run abotu 150 - 160 bucks shipped.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AirQuez
If yo uhave the cash, you can get some rear camber plates from Tein. They usually run abotu 150 - 160 bucks shipped.
You have a link so I can order some? Shortly after this install, I will need new tires, but I am not getting tires untill the camber is able to be adjusted as close to 0 degrees as possible.

Thanks,

-Andy
Old Jun 19, 2005, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

as yank received his springs in 4 days, I hope to have the same result, and have mine in my hands by thursday of this week. Ill inform you when they get here... damnit, the things havnt been shipped, and I already want to put them on!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:40 AM

Talking

I am actually gettin these NEX coilovers ordering them within the next day or so....i will let u kno how they r when they r installed
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BeyondRealityOZ
I am actually gettin these NEX coilovers ordering them within the next day or so....i will let u kno how they r when they r installed
Everyone says they are getting them.... only seen one set of pics. The pictures say it all, they fit our car :-) Send pictures when you get/install them, and make sure they are in the picture, not the picture of your car lowered.... I am waiting for mine to come in, and ill show the proof when they get here.

Im wondering what yank1969 is doing. Last e-mail i sent to him, he said he was installing them yesterday and was going to take pics... Nothing yet. I would be nice to know how the install is going. Sent him a follow up e-mail, nothing yet...

You can be sure there will be a new thread (which i will post a link here) talking about this set installed, rather than this huge thread w/ a bunch of BSers.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks

Quick Reply: NEX Full Coilovers?