Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

NEX Full Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yank1969
first the install is straight foward, just have to have the right tools, i followed the direction from http://mypron.com/mainmenu.htm. started doing last weekend and hard to stop due to family crisis, so yesterday i just took it to my mechanic and they installed it for $75. to be honest i tested the car today drove from san diego to long beach (1hr 20mins) the ride is better than my stock struts, it's a little bit harsh on very rough roads. the handling of the car has improved dramatically, i felt convident turning and cutting thtough traffic at 100mph+. the car responds more readily, unlike before when you turn left the body leans right. to sum it all the suspension is very good, not bumby, or loose. also there is no kind of annoying noises from the strut and springs. just have to learn to drive a little bit slower of ruff roads. here are some pics i could take, also i do not think i need an alingment kit, cause the tires are straight.
THanks for giving us your review and for the pics. Again, this is all we've wanted and I for one feel a lot more confident now about buying these. I'm at that crossroads now where I must decide wether to stay NA and invest more into suspension (like getting these coilovers) or decide to go FI and start building/piecing together my turbo kit.......hmmmm......what to do
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Did they have to reuse any of your stock equipment or was it literally take the old off and put the new in?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ how much are these???? and where to buy em? i might pick up a set very soon.. ill let yha guys know..thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Just want to chip in i ordered a set of NEX GT Full Adjustable Coilover System (DAMPING ADJUSTABLE) from www.rennenmotors.com , price was $542 shipped.
Here you go Christian ^^
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

^^
Nice price, do they fit the ES or are they OZ only?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

These fit the OZ, ES and LS. Since these are full coilovers and replace the top mount of the strut, these will fit on all Lancer models. What normally prevents the interchange is the top mount, but these replace them so they work on all!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

first the install is straight foward, just have to have the right tools, i followed the direction from http://mypron.com/mainmenu.htm. started doing last weekend and hard to stop due to family crisis, so yesterday i just took it to my mechanic and they installed it for $75. to be honest i tested the car today drove from san diego to long beach (1hr 20mins) the ride is better than my stock struts, it's a little bit harsh on very rough roads. the handling of the car has improved dramatically, i felt convident turning and cutting thtough traffic at 100mph+. the car responds more readily, unlike before when you turn left the body leans right. to sum it all the suspension is very good, not bumby, or loose. also there is no kind of annoying noises from the strut and springs. just have to learn to drive a little bit slower of ruff roads. here are some pics i could take, also i do not think i need an alingment kit, cause the tires are straight.
Nice job. My set is scheduled to deliver tomorow, and I will be installing on Weds, Thurs, or Fri. I will be doing the install completely on my own, which aught to be a peice of cake compared to a spring change (which i have now done 4 times) One thing I am concerned about is the metal zip tie on your break line, You may want to find a different way to secure it so it doesnt rub through... Thats all you need is to be driving 90mph and have one of your breaks go out! I will see if I can engineer something to make the break line a little more secure, and let you all know. Also, how low did you go w/ the rear of the car? It looks like it doesnt go down any further on the shaft? No matter how straight your tires/wheels look, get it aligned, because it definately needs it. Looks good, nice to know it rides nice!

Ill post some pics, and give a review after a week of driving. I drive 120 miles round trip to work, so these better not fail me!

-Andy
Old Jun 26, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

^^^awesome.. when u get urs..im nex..lol literally..hahha
Old Jun 26, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtianLANCER04
^^^awesome.. when u get urs..im nex..lol literally..hahha
Old Jun 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

^^^hey buddy..is this teh shipped price? of they have free shipping on thier site? coz i dint say 542 shipped on that page linked.. i guess.. its 5 30 something..+ 10 bucks shipping? hhehe im confused..
Old Jun 26, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtianLANCER04
^^^hey buddy..is this teh shipped price? of they have free shipping on thier site? coz i dint say 542 shipped on that page linked.. i guess.. its 5 30 something..+ 10 bucks shipping? hhehe im confused..
www.rennenmotors.com

\/ \/

Products1 xFull-Coilover System Mitsubishi Lancer 2002-2003 $538.65Sub-Total:$538.65United Parcel Service (1 Boxes) (Ground):$15.00CA tax rate:$44.44Total:$598.09

- Andy
Old Jun 26, 2005, 06:52 PM

the shipping depends on where you live, cause my shipping was 12 bucks
Old Jun 26, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

awesome..thanks for the help guys!!! can wait to order some.. gona give them a call tomorrow..
Old Jun 27, 2005, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

This thread makes me want to get some of dem
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Glad to see the pictures. The Zip tie kinda makes me nervous though, having that constintaly rub across my break line makes me weary. Maybe I will get them and design my own bracket to properly hold the brake line in place.

Quick Reply: NEX Full Coilovers?