Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

NEX Full Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i emailed about these, company said they are a straight bolt in job. in their words " no modifications to the car needed, just unbolt and take out your old ones and bolt these in place". in a couple weeks i'm gonna order a set and try it. what's the worst that can happen? them not fit and have to send them back for a refund. at worst i'll be out some time and maybe some shipping, but at best we have a much cheaper alternative to the teins. don't get me wrong, i'm sure the teins are superb(better be for that price) but my car is a daily driver and 1000.00 is steep for a non-racing lancer. IMHO
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

isnt that kit the same as the tein basic coilovers? they sell on the same site for 660
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

i dunno, i think you have to re-use the upper mount plate on the teins. with the nex it's supposed to have that upper plate with them, if that's true i might be able to bypass the whole air ratchet part of the install (hope). but none of us are ever gonna know if no one tries it. after i get them i'll give everyone the details and pics if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

i saw this on one webiste while doing a research on nex's products:
http://www.hyperautosports.com/suspensions.htm
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i saw that too. what i did was ****** the part number off the ebay auction and used it in my email inquery. if you saw the ebay listing, according to the company that part number is the 02+ lancer (non evo) setup. the ss style to be exact. price is on one auction like 560.00 and another auction (same product) 623.00 (i think). roughly the same as the email quote.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

basically i REALLY wanna lower my car but i'm NOT buying new shocks and struts every 6 mnths so lowering springs are out. but on the other hand i ain't crazy about paying the tein price either, so this is kinda where i wound up. i mean hey, somebody's gotta try it right? might as well be me.(using my quarterly bonus to buy these)
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

ive seen threads also on different sites and they're sayin that it's good. it's no better than the tein's but for the price and i don't know bout the quality. where it's made from anyway? they don't even have their own wesite or sumtin? well i guess somebody has to take the risk or testing this for us
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

yeah rallyme why don't you try it and if it works fine post threads. goodluck tho
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

that's the plan guys. i'm gonna try it. and believe me if they suck or don't fit i'll make damn sure you all know it too,lol
Old Mar 10, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

i thought about picking some up
Old Mar 11, 2005, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Pleeeeeease keep us posted. I'm going to be autocrossing my Lancer, but I was going to go with Tein BASICS, if these are comparable, and cheaper, I'm going to go with these.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

A buddy of mine who was in to civics actually told me to look for these today because was running in to the same problem as most of us, wanna lower, but dont wanna blow struts, and dont wanna pay 900 for coilovers. My buddy said that the coilovers they made for civics were really good, and decently priced.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Any update?
Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

nothing yet. bonus is gonna be a week late(next week). and now in the meantime i'm kinda torn between the coilovers or that new damn hood that RRM just came out with. i want the coilovers bad, but i have the pic of that hood on a black car on the wall over my desk. and evey time i look up it says to me "buy me, you know i look F&^%ING SWEET!" damn ROCK, if you coulda waited another mnth on the hood this would be soooooo much easier. but i know if they did raise the price like i read somewhere on here, it's coilovers first. either way i'll keep this thread updated( when i order, recieve,install, etc) cause i'm still doing this.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

y don't u get the hood cuz u know it will fit, and get the nex coilovers next time

Quick Reply: NEX Full Coilovers?