Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

NEX Full Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenshinx001
hmmm so which one is better? Tein Basic coilovers or NEX SS coilovers?
I like my Nex setup. I have about 1000 miles on mine as of now, and they are doing great. The only thing I would say is that you should get an alignment ASAP after putting these on.

Fox
Old Sep 9, 2005, 06:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Shingen
I like my Nex setup. I have about 1000 miles on mine as of now, and they are doing great. The only thing I would say is that you should get an alignment ASAP after putting these on.

Fox
You need an alignment after almost any suspention work. I dont get why people think they dont need one.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kenshinx001
hmmm so which one is better? Tein Basic coilovers or NEX SS coilovers?
well no one here have owned the NEX longer than a year I think so....
but for the price, it seems to be a bargain... plus Tein Basics don't have adjustable strut stiffness I believe NEX has...
NEX is half the price of TEIN...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redozrally
well no one here have owned the NEX longer than a year I think so....
but for the price, it seems to be a bargain... plus Tein Basics don't have adjustable strut stiffness I believe NEX has...
NEX is half the price of TEIN...
NEX does not have adjustable strut stiffness.. they are they same as the Tein Basics expect they have a solid upper mount tein uses the exsiting (oz lancer) one. Nex is great of ES guys because they dont need to buy oz upper mounts. Also i believe the teins are slightly more stiff than the NEX. It all depends on the budget and the application.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

meaning that nex has no damping? : / might as well get a TEIN basic then. I checked and NEX SS coilovers have no damping. NEX GT coilovers has 4 levels of dampeners which cost almost a grand. So if I'm gonna choose it'll be:

Tein basic coilovers> Nex SS coilovers
NEX GT coilovers > Tein SS coilovers
Old Sep 9, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
? I fail to see the logic in saying that 4 levels of dampening is better than 16 levels of dampening as found in the tein SS coilovers.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not gonna use that much dampening...... It's either too soft, too hard or just n the middle.... 16lvls of dampening are for hardcore people who change dampening based on the course they are driving. Nex is a cheaper alternative, with 4 lvls of dampening you could adjust your car from soft to hard... very easy to use since you only have 4 choices. with 16lvls dampening, between 15-16 or 10-11 you might not see the difference in ride comfort. Just like the lottery, I would pick ratio 1:4 than 1:16 in order to win
Old Sep 9, 2005, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

? With only 4 levels of dampening you can't exactly adjust for every situation, you have hard, medium hard, medium soft and soft as opposed to 16 levels where you can have super super hard, super hard, harder, somewhat hard, etc.. For performance, the tein SS blow the NEX outta the water.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

as I told you before I don't need much dampening since I'm not gonna change dampening everyday or every course..... even with 16lvl dampening would you able to feel the difference within the 16 lvls..... that's 16 different feelings of ride. can you tell the difference between lvl15 ride and lvl16 and so on? I'm not that sensitive. true that tein blow nex out of the water but I would want a cheaper alternative with a simpler functions that i know i'm gonna use. why buy something that has so many functions and yet you'll only use few? if Tein SS has the same price with Nex GT then I would definitely choose Tein but that's not the case. Just wanted to make life simpler errr my life
Old Sep 9, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

From people who have the tein SS kits (basically all the actual racers) you can indeed notice the differences. I tend to agree with the mentality that "you get what you paid for", I'm willing to pay the extra cash for teins simply for the credibility of the company.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
From people who have the tein SS kits (basically all the actual racers) you can indeed notice the differences. I tend to agree with the mentality that "you get what you paid for", I'm willing to pay the extra cash for teins simply for the credibility of the company.
I defiently would agree with that.. but those budget minded people would find the NEX a great buy, and its better than stock. I am a rather successful racer and have found the NEX so much better than stock with progress springs i'm glad i spend the money.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Danno if u do get the coilovers do you intend on driving ur car during the winter time??
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
good for you bro!!! maybe you would be willing to dish out more cash!
doesn't mean kenshi-something would
I'd personally go for the NEX for the price, but if I could afford the TEIN SS then I'd probably go for those... but then I'm not an "actual racer" so I won't really benefit from it...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

If I have free time to race and splurge then you'll see me buy Tein SS. But I don't have the time, the hassle, money. I have to starve everyday just to make ends meet ; ; I can't even pay a shop to fix or replace my doors ; ; Most members might see me as an a^& but I don't blame them. I grew up where nobody else gave a hand but instead I get foot up my a^& then spit at me after that. Anyway when I get rich I'll but Tein SS, plus I'll give evom lancer members some freebies (>")> IF i get rich >.>;;
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by redozrally
Danno if u do get the coilovers do you intend on driving ur car during the winter time??
Yup. So Iam going to really have to keep an eye on them.

Quick Reply: NEX Full Coilovers?