Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

NEX Full Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course Viciouz is going to say that, because he works for RRM. I'd say get the coilovers because dropping the car improves looks much more than a carbon fiber hood. Well that's not entirely true because replacing the stock grill is the #1 look upgrade you can do. And of course I'm going to suggest going with the coilovers because I want to know how they perform. Maybe your bonus will be large enough you can get both
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

lol, true, but I want the coilovers just as bad too, c'mon 600 bucks, who wouldn't, but at the same time, it would suck to be him and if those coilovers don't fit at all
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Well someone's got to do it. I'd do it, but I still have to pay off my turbo kit, plus I may be moving to VA/MD soon, so I will have that cost on my hands, otherwise I would just order them.

I do have an idea though on how to judge if they do fit before buying since we're all weary about this product. Find a company that sells both the NEX and TEIN coilovers, and have them pull them out of their boxes, lay them side by side, and take a picture (and make sure part numbers show up in the picture). That would give everyone a little more confidense in purchasing.

Last edited by livelyjay; Mar 16, 2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

If he gets them.. and they don't fit... he's out maybe 40 bucks for shipping? Still leaves him with enough money to buy the hood if they don't fit so go for it
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

its hard to sell those, i've notived no one buys them, and last time front the picture, at RRM we thot they were like Eclipse coilovers
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

that's why we don't know,LOL nobody buys them. i'm sure it's their "one pic fits all approach" that is keeping some ppl from buying them. if they had a actual pic of the lancer coilovers, this thread would be pointless. cause when you guys at RRM looked at them you woulda said "those do appear to be for the lancer" and ppl would have dove all over them. damn maketing ppl, if you advertise a SPECIFIC product, show us THAT product. we'll just file that under DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

true true
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

i'm saving up for these myself. my shocks and struts are blown and i dont want to replace them and have them blow out again. i've heard these are a pretty nice quality, but i want to try them on the lancer.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

nex might be the best setup out there, i could order them on april 15 or sooner
Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by noriceoz
nex might be the best setup out there, i could order them on april 15 or sooner
Are you baseing that statment on just the fact that they are cheaper then the Tein coilovers? Or are you baseing it out of conjecture? The only reason I ask is that there isn't anything to support such a statement that I have found.

Fox
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

i was just saying THEY might kick some ***
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

sorry guys but i'm not getting the hood or the coilovers just yet. i found a deal on some 15''x7'' buddy club (JDM) P1 R2's. got them in gunmetal w/polished lip with center caps for 435.00. new in box (not used) with center caps and lock lugs. list price on these is in the neighborhood of 900.00 so i simply could not pass it up. oh and for those who are wondering they weigh in at 13.5 lbs. offset is +35 (wheels pused out further, lower center of gravity) plan on running 205/50/15's. any thoughts? (other than " i hate you for not buying the coilovers yet" lol.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Good deal for the rims. Where'd you get them? I wouldn't run tires with such little side wall because it will screw up your speedometer readings and your odometer. If you want a 205 width, you should go with a 55 side wall, it will still be a smaller diamter than stock, but pretty close to it. Don't forget to post pictures.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

go to ebay motors and search buddy_club and in second box put 15" only 2 companies are selling these this cheap. one is vertex racing (the ones i got) and the other is eurosport garage. if you want buddy club wheels try them. i "bought it now" and they shipped them out within hours and i already got my fed ex confirm.+ tracking numb. not bad, buy on fri. get them on following thursday. sorry i'd put in a link, but DAMMMMMMMMMN it's a long one,lol
Old Mar 21, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

i calle dtha place that has the nex coilover and hes said it was a good ride and hes also gave them spring rates. 450 in the front and 350 in the back

Quick Reply: NEX Full Coilovers?