Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

lug nuts and keys

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lug nuts and keys

Any one know where i can get lug keys and bolts so my lug nuts will be impossible to take off without a key (suppose a theif wants to steal my rims but cant due to no key)

i m trying to get two to three different keys and nuts for each rims.

mike
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I was just looking into the same thing. Got some new Roja 17's and wanted them protected. Got Motegi's black spline tuner lugs, which are the most difficult to remove (for the thieves at least). Probably will get McGard locks for each rim and paint them black to match. Even though they are so available now, them thieves have those now.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

where do i find them?
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

These are what I got ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...966046552&rd=1 ). Looking to get these ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW ). Good luck.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

2 to 3 sets is a bit excessive, and tire shops will hate u. One good set would be perfectly fine.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brentg07
2 to 3 sets is a bit excessive, and tire shops will hate u. One good set would be perfectly fine.
i dont care, as long it keeps thieves away. no ebay links please. where can i find them directly??
Old Apr 6, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

i know you can get them at ur dealer, may be a little expensive though. I had them on my car when I bought it and the f****rs didnt give me a key and when I found out when I was gonna paint my calipers but couldn't. anyways the key was $15(in the process f getting refunded hopefully) and I dont know how much a set would cost. I know that pep boys and autozone sell them (probaby cheaper).
Old Apr 7, 2005, 05:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.brandsport.com/manufacturers-gorilla.html

thats where i got my gorilla nuts. the company is AWESOME, and their shipping it lightning quick (had a decent sale when i bought mine too). gorilla has them in all colors, shapes, sizes, so you should be able to find what you want

i got these black ones: http://www.brandsport.com/grla-91137bc.html
and of course some locks (3 lugs and 1 lock per wheel)
Old Apr 7, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

honestly I have worked in a tireshop for three years, and I havent heard of one single person getting their wheels stolen. This is in cincy so it may be diff where u live, but really if a theif sees one set of locking lugs, hes not gonna try. otherwise I know u can get them at like tire discounters, they can order them from a wheel company.