Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Dammit, i hear noises, HELP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dammit, i hear noises, HELP

So there i was right... i put some eibach pro kit springs on my stock OZ struts right... yeah yeah, i suck, well anyways, it was fine n dandy till i starting hearing lil noises commin from my front struts... no its not blown struts, i kno wut that sounds and feels like it... its more like ::clunk clunk, click click:: sound everytime i hit a bump, sometimes i hear it, sometimes i dont... i keep telling myself its the nut on top of the strut, i must of not tighten it all the way and it loose or somethin makin the strut jump up and down... i dunno im ****in suspension iliterate... and another thing, when the car is completely still, and i turn my steering wheel all the way (to wich ever side) i hear a ::CLUNK:: dude, its seriously pissin me off... can anyone HELP!

Rigo
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...seeing that you're new to the place; you'll soon realize that most lancers with lowering springs make that sound. And I still don't know if the problem has been figured out yet or what. I have Ground Control CO's w/ Eibachs, so I know what your talking about. You will just have to get use to it...besides, it only should occur at slower speeds. Good luck, and enjoy the forum.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tighten the top strut nuts. Mine made that noise with my Teins till I tightened the top strut nuts with an impact wrench. Now I'm noise free.