Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Brakes squeel like crazy in reverse ... help !

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2005 | 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Brakes squeel like crazy in reverse ... help !

OK, so I got myself a set of the RRM street series rotors and a set of AXXIS ultimate brake pads. Since I wasn't confident I could install them myself, I took them to NTB to get them installed (they did good work on my car before, so I said why not?) They installed them about 1.5 months ago, and the brakes are awesome, but when I brake going in reverse the brakes squeel like crazy, very loud, to the point where I hate going in reverse. So I had them look at the car again today and see if they can find out what's wrong. They told me it squeels because of the rotors, then they said it squeels because of the pads. I told them I know people who have the same exact setup and there's no squeeling, then they told me I should call in about a week when their "super duper" brakes guy comes from vacation. Any ideas as to why it might be squeeling ? I'm at the point where I'm just gonna have to take matters in my own hands and try to fix it, it's REALLY loud.
Old Jul 2, 2005 | 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Imagine having your damn brake squeeling the same way while driving forward....

well, that's my car.

One of the reason is that (people at brake place said), use ceramic pads instead of metallic, which I have a hard time believing because the ceramics cost $270 and metalics cost $70.

another reason is that you drive like your grandma what that means is that you brake soft, which I do too. When you drive it soft, breaking soft, it will be more likely to result in sqeeling. (more toward the way you brake, rather than the way you drive)

Anywho, from the dealer of Mitsu, I was told also that our(lancer only) has frequent problem of brake squeaking or squeeling.