Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

bad news about our axles/cv joints

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that dose suck a**.i got the CVs for $35.00 ea and am going to hold on to them in case of emergances.now my clutch is starting to slip in 4th and 5th when i floor it....im hoping to get the RRM one but untill i get my gst head sold it wont happen....
and couldnt you just get the RRM limited slip diff and solve the problem insted of new tranny...and is it 5 speed or auto,the one in my junk yard is 5speed and im sure i could get it cheep.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by wolven16200
wow that dose suck a**.i got the CVs for $35.00 ea and am going to hold on to them in case of emergances.now my clutch is starting to slip in 4th and 5th when i floor it....im hoping to get the RRM one but untill i get my gst head sold it wont happen....
and couldnt you just get the RRM limited slip diff and solve the problem insted of new tranny...and is it 5 speed or auto,the one in my junk yard is 5speed and im sure i could get it cheep.
forgot about rrm's lsd, maybe i'll call them friday and see what they think. THANKS A TON FOR REMINDING ME!!! i completly forgot about their lsd.

i have a 5spd with a new stg2 rrm clutch and fidanza flywheel

yes it does suck a**, but, i got my si transferred so im drivin the new baby now, so atleast i have a car again.

u wanna see what sucks, well, u should see my garage, it looks like a nuclear bomb went off under my lancer and blew parts and tools all over the entire middle bay of the garage, lol.

i can get a 5spd trans with 1,305 miles on it from my local recycler in my town for 550 bucks, basically brand new, now the only problem is, well, im flat broke from buying lancer parts, the SI, and tranfer fees. thanks for the offer though, i just dont think it would be worth it to ship that far, unless u think otherwise. you got a dam good deal on them axles btw.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the RRM LSD is a good investment if your pockets can agree (that is pending the differential is the only other problem than the CV's)
Old Oct 13, 2005, 01:24 PM

glad to help...now im going to have to get the clutch from that wreck,they said 40.00 if i pull it...but wish i could afford the lsd for my lancer.pics on registery...