Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Alignment

I am about to install my tein basics on my 03 lancer es and I know that I should get a wheel alignment when I am done but when I called around some places to get prices for alignments, they said that they could not do it on a lowered car. I just wanted to know if anybody else experienced this because I am new to the whole suspension aspect of the lancer. I just didnt know if i was missing something simple and this may end up being a stupid question cuz i dont know much about it. . Hopefully someone has some ideas or insight for me and could clear up the situation. Also does anybody know any places in the Phoenix area that will do the alignment and for a decent price? thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont have susp. or know much about this like you, BUT that sounds like a buncha crock. Everything Ive ever heard is exactly that. Get an allignment after doing a susp change. I think they just dont want to do it.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:42 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Oh, i forgot they were telling me that they could not get it on the ramp to do the alignment and that is why they could not do it?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

now that could be true .. if your car is to low, your front bumper won't make it over ... but i still think it can be done .. how much lower are u planning to go?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:50 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jchangsta2six
now that could be true .. if your car is to low, your front bumper won't make it over ... but i still think it can be done .. how much lower are u planning to go?
Im thinking about 1.5 to 2 inches. If i adjust the height though after the alignment, will it mess it up again? Like suppose I want it lower, would I need to get it aligned again that the different height?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Most cars only do 1.5-2. that isnt really that much. mabey those places dont have the equipment to do a lowered car such as that. I say keep callin around. Somebody should be able to do it.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:28 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
Most cars only do 1.5-2. that isnt really that much. mabey those places dont have the equipment to do a lowered car such as that. I say keep callin around. Somebody should be able to do it.

I found one place that said they would do it for 80 bucks but I think that is a little much.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:28 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

I have one more question........would i need to get a 4 wheel alignment or only 2 wheel? thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:37 AM
SJ
Evolving Member

im not sure about whole suspension changed but i did only front 2 wheel...they said that's all i need to do.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:52 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Even lowered 2" the Lancer has a higher ride height than most sportscars. Ask them if they do Corvettes then ask how that car would get up the ramp and not yours. Anyway, $80 isn't bad. I get a manual (no computer) alignment for $60. And yes, get a 4 wheel alignment, because you're lowering all 4 wheels. While you're at it, you should get a camber kit and have that adjusted too.

edit: Your rear wheels SHOULD be fine if you only get a front alignment, but the camber should be adjusted there to get the best possible tire wear... or handling if that's what you're going for.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Some places don't do dropped cars because they don't have the right equipment to do the job. Most likely if you went to any Chevy dealership that sells Corvettes (I can't think of any that don't), they should be able to do it. Just give them a call and get an estimate (if you haven't already).