Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

just some advice before you get some rims from enkei

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the damage is on the inside of the wheel could it have been one of those concrete yellow painted parking guides that you might have caught the edge of? Either way it definately looks like normal wear and tear on the wheels... Looks just a little worse than my stock wheels. The streets in Miami can be hell on wheels...

Was it a front wheel?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

im arguing cuz never have i experienced a problem like this with wheels...ever. and im mad at enkei's warranty cuz its for a year, and it doesnt mention "curb attack". plus i havent even had these rims for 6 months. thus why im mad at the quality. i usually tend to avoid potholes and drive as slow as i can when near any obstructions. but whatever blacksheep, think what you want. hell lock this thread if u want. i really dont care anymore. oh and blacksheep, how do i read enkei's warranty when they list nothing of that sort, not even a support contact on their page? hmm...

Last edited by joberk3; Aug 31, 2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
right.. I doubt you strattled a curb. thats the only way a curb would cause that. pothole is really the only explenation unless you were rally'ing. lol.

If you were driving your car and hit a pothole that damaged your wheel. Id say you would be at fault. Figuratively of course.....

Cij911- the rim is damaged on the inside.. Sliding into a curb is out.
I never said he slid into a 'curb'...IMHO the 'curb rash on the inside of the rim' and the crack are related....So why don't we ask the owner what caused the curb rash...Either way I feel bad for the guy because I am sure the rims were not cheap...
Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cij911
That crack could easily have been caused by the same incident that caused the other damage to the rim (e.g. sliding sideways into something...)....nobody would warranty that rim (IMHO) ...
not trying to argue. In the () is why I said that. Yeah, It sucks. couple hundred out the door.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

my only guess to the inside of the lip bc thats what it is for those two pics is going into a unforseen 2 ft deep pothole at night. the reason why i didnt see it was bc it was 11pm and it previously rained hard enough to fill it in. my other instances with curb rash are scraping the front left at a wendy's recently, possibly scraping it against one of those small yellow speedbump shaped dividers when u make a 90 degree turn. other than that, yeah. the price i paid bc the rims soon became discontinued for the rp03's was 75 per rim plus tax. now for a regular price they go for 200 a rim, while they lasted.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You claimed you had a special warranty from the vendor. So I would have assumed that it would be something you could read before purchasing.
And if you don't want to hear my personal opinion, then sorry. But last I checked, I am allowed to disagree with you.

Don't get pissy. I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:59 PM

most companies offer warranty for workmen defections, say the rims were used for 6 months no damage whatsoever and then a crack appears on the face they would replace it. to them those rims were mistreated, the scuffing is quite bad so they assume (remember they don't know what you do or how you drive) that they have been thrashed around
just see it from their point of view