Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2002, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called RRM got a set for my OZ. They have the Prokit, $219. Rob said best way to go if you want to keep using the stock shocks.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

is there gonna be a sportline kit soon... i need a lower drop than the pro kit...plus, tell us how easy they are to install.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 07:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lower drop could be a shock killer. Just be careful. No word from Eibach on Sportlines.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 15, 2002, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

while a lower drop may be a shock killer, both the pro kit and the sportline kit have been engineered to lower the car without any dangerous side effects that the coilovers have. The sportlines will lower the car on most cars about 2" and eibach says that it all depends on the safe lowering amount on each car.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

ROCK how low do you go with the prokit?
Old Apr 15, 2002, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

pro kit

i was wondering if anyone had a pic for me to see how low the car looks with the pro kit installed.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

No pics yet, just got the springs. Pro kit lowers car about an inch and a 1/3 (front) and rear 1 inch. I think it is the way to go if you plan to put a front lip on the car or body kit later. It should look hard with 17 inch wheels. If not slam it and cut the bump stops.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 15, 2002, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the info..what u said is exactly what i want to do. 17's, body kit, some uprgrades. not that many shops in denver sell things for the lancer... arent u from rrm? if you are, do u ahve any exhausts in stock? thinking about gettin one..from what ive been reading its a good way to go..
Old Apr 15, 2002, 12:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ROAD///RACE LANCER EXHAUST

This exhaust uses a high-flow Magnaflow Race Series muffler. Muffler is stainless steel as is dual wall tip 3.5 inch tip. This is not a cat-back system but it will fit with Road Race cat-back section which is soon to follow. Exhaust piping is increased to 2.25 inches to increase volume of gas without losing velocity of exiting gases.

3 IN STOCK!
The link for ya
Old Apr 16, 2002, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

sohow much is this exhaust and how much is the "soon to follow" cat back. and when do you think it will be coming out.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Hey ROCK, if i bring my car up to your shop will you guys install the springs and a short shifter if i pay for them, if so, how much will the labor cost be?
Old Apr 18, 2002, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Catback section should be about $130 ish. Comes with lotss of flanges gaskets and hardware. That make price a little high. Have to be two piece otherwise shipping will be a million dollars. Call us to make an appointment for install on springs and shifter. Install both for about $140.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Apr 26, 2002, 05:22 AM

spring and shock combo

ILP is an eibach dealer, how does Eibach pro kit springs and koni double adjustable struts sound for $1430.

or with single adjustable struts for $1030

sorry it costs so much but the struts all need to be hand built.

Jeff
Suspension designer
ILPperformance.com
Old Apr 26, 2002, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

what would you guys do???? go with the tein S tech springs which are decent and have a pretty low drop to go with the rmr shocks i will get also....or would you guys go for the eibach pro kit with the shocks so its an all around quality suspesnion with not that low center of gravity turning???? any advice would be much appreciated cause im getting impatient as far as lowering my car.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:07 AM

Ok, we are WAY familair with the tein springs, RUN don't walk away from them. We put them on a Subaru (got a sample set) and we needed to use 2 springs from their "medium" set on the front and 2 from their "soft" kit on the rear to get anything that resembled decent handling. The soft progressive windings are fully compressed at rest. Just a poorly thought out kit.

As far as us we almost exclusively use Eibach since they are an affordable quality product, and most of them are made in America.

Also the dampers we use are matched to the springs we sell, it's a waste of money any other way, unless you get lucky.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Eibach springs