Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2002, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtf? then what is this all about TIEN being such quality product, great springs, etc? i got flamed for not hearing about them, good thing i didn't, sounds like eibach has more of a clue in what their doing than TIEN does.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 08:49 PM

Alignment

Rock, does the pro-kits come with an alignment kit or can a regular place just get the car electronically aligned? How much labor time does the pro-kits take? The guy over here said that he would need it for 5 hours...that seemed pretty long.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As with most springs, no alignment kit. Regualr shop will have no problem doing alignment though. Shop around for alignment work!!

Robert Tallini
Raod/Race
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
http://www.carbontrix.com:
Old Apr 28, 2002, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

The reason you haven't heard of Tein much is up until last year Tein suspension products were only offered in Japan. Tein is known over there as one of the top suspension vendors. There's a reason for that.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

hehe I want to laugh so bad whenever I see a ricey civic with a drop of 10" with rims so far out on the bottom that the car looks like the rims are falling off of it
Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

back to eibach's.....i know they are the best around....but what would someone suggest to me?? help me out guys, i need advice.....im gettin the ralliart gas shocks for sure if they arent over 300.....but what springs shouls i get, i want something lower than the pro kit but quality and not too low....i was thinking of waiting for the sportline springs from eibach, what do you guys think?????
Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by ralliart
back to eibach's.....i know they are the best around....but what would someone suggest to me?? help me out guys, i need advice.....im gettin the ralliart gas shocks for sure if they arent over 300.....but what springs shouls i get, i want something lower than the pro kit but quality and not too low....i was thinking of waiting for the sportline springs from eibach, what do you guys think?????
What are the damping charistics of the "ralliart" gas shocks? are they adjustable, are they optimised for shorter travel? I mean the ground control gives you the best options for the money, however if these "ralliart" shocks are not set up for the kind of use that the GC's will allow, then your wasting your money.. think of springs and shocks as one item, they should be able to work together. you can over spring a shock very easaly look at almost ANY lowered honda on the road they show the "ghetto bounce" too much spring... the first question I ask everyone that comes to me, is "what do you want the suspension to do" then you can develop a suitable combination. if you just want a "lowered" look, then don't waste my time, however if you want a suspension that will handle and be comfortable, I can help;. the "look" is my LAST concern.

your choice.

Jeff
Old Apr 28, 2002, 02:01 PM

well put, Jeff

Is your company going to produce Lancer specific kits so that your experience might be enjoyed by the Lancer driving community?
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:34 AM

I was trying to find someone to donate their lancer as a guniee pig. but YES. I intend to make a suspension, as soon as I find, someone willing to pay for a suspension I'll do the development work.

Jeff
Old Apr 29, 2002, 02:20 AM

Tree...

You would probably find a taker if you were to donate that first setup to the kind soul that would allow their car to become the guinea pig. Considering all the installing/reinstalling that goes on during suspension testing, maybe you should make it worth their while. Just a thought.

Also, you might want to start with the components currently, or almost, available for our cars, i.e. Ralliart shocks, Eibach springs, etc. I mean, if you were to determine the perfect springs to use with the Ralliart shocks, you would have a number of people just lining up for what you had to sell. This in turn would buy you some time to build the perfect set of coilovers for all those ready to step up to the high zoot stuff.

Realistically, I think that the Lancer community needs three distict levels of susupension tuning. One, replacement springs/struts working together but living as oe replacement parts on the car ($300-500). Two, replacement struts with a good coilover conversion and springs to match ($500-750). Three, a full coilover setup with limited damper adjustability and a couple of spring choices ($800-1100). And if you really want to go crazy, I am sure that there are a couple of guys and gals that would pay $1500-2500 for a racing type setup.

If, however, anyone is considering a set of the high zoot parts there could be a need for some sort of extra bracing to strengthen the chassis. You guys, or RMR/RRM, might want to offer a line of under-body braces to augment the strut tower braces currently being offered to our market.

Just my $.02.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 06:24 AM

Don, I like your attitude, however.
300 for springs AND stuts?

what are you smoking?

And can I have some?

Please tell me your talking $300 per corner. I would not trust my life to anything that cheap. remember your dealing with performance products now, these aren't Monroe hy-ryders.

for a strut to damp to the levels required by a performance spring espically a ground control kit, thee needs to be some quality engineering and manufacturing in them.

Jeff

Last edited by treekiller; Apr 29, 2002 at 06:46 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

i got the pro kit for 229 at my local speed shop with shipping. www.myerstoo.com

Last edited by lanceroz84; Apr 29, 2002 at 07:18 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 09:14 AM

yes and I sell the Pro kit springs too, for a little less, but the dampers are the expensive part, the cheapest adjustable ones you'll find are KYB AGX (when they come out) and you'll pay $500 for a set of 4, and they are really not the best.

Jeff

and FYI I am also a tein dealer, if you are dead set on tein I can get them pretty cheaply, A HECK of a lot cheaper then that GTP website.

Last edited by treekiller; Apr 29, 2002 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 01:53 PM

Yo, I just meant that i thought there should be a Stage 1, 2, 3, etc. type of pricing and performance structure. Now that I am off the crack, I do see that $300 is a bit low.

However, I think that a Stage 1 upgrade should be sold as cheaply as possible with a lower profit margin than the Stage 2 and 3 setups. There is, understandably, a lot more work invovled in the higher zoot setups and you should charge accordingly.

I see it this way: the more you sell, the bigger your market share, the more brand loyalty you aquire and you have a large group of people coming back for the good stuff you got. It is my opinion that you are in a unique position to offer this market a product that does not currently exist: a unified group of matched suspension products for a better handling ride.

PS. If you are selling the Pro-Kit sets cheaper than anyone else, let us know. Put it on your website, or post it in the vendors section. If you are here to support us, there is little doubt we will support you.