Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

FYI: Evo camber plates fit base lancers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI: Evo camber plates fit base lancers

Thread title pretty much says it all. I ordered a set of Tein front camber plates for the Evo VIII (part# PAR52-31PFR) and installed them last night. Install is actually a lot easier than reusing the strut mounts (there's a DIY/How-to around here somewhere). The nut used to hold the strut to the plate is designed to screw through the plate body, down to the piston (the standard plate requires that the stock lock nut screw the plate down until it meets the piston body which is a bit of a PITA).
Adjustments have to be made while the front is lifted to relieve the pressure on the pillowball but sliding the plate is easy once front is lifted. I recommend moving the hex-screws to the inner holes so you can get maximum negative camber.

Initial measurements indiacte that each mark on the plate is good for about 1/4degree of camber but I'm working on confirming those numbers.
The ILP thread about the camber plates indicates that there is a slight increase in caster as well, because the strut housing is at a slight angle. They didn't publish any info about how much was gained in relation to the camber settings. I don't have any numbers but I thought I'd mention it.

You will have to adjust your toe settings once the cambers are set, but that's to be expected.

That is all, carry on.

Last edited by Alchemist; Feb 7, 2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: fixed part #
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

awesome! this is good to know!

are you using coilovers or stock/KYB struts?
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Tein SS kit. I've had it since Oct 2004 (I think...) Camber bolts were giving me about neg1.75deg camber but that hasn't been enough for autocross. I consistently "overdrive" my tires (Hankook Z212's 205/50/15). The only advice that I've been given by other drivers is to find a way to add more neg camber because slowing down isn't really a good option.

Last edited by Alchemist; Feb 5, 2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is good info! Thanks. maybe we should add them to the website.

ROAD/RACE;apimp:
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
That is good info! Thanks. maybe we should add them to the website.

ROAD/RACE;apimp:
That would probably be a good thing. Then when people ask about camber plates, we can go back to our usual "go to RRM" response.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

cool, so it's safe to say that the TEIN camber plates will work with the TEIN suspension sets? i've got basics and adjustable camber plates would definitely be nice for autox.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

It's more than safe to say, it's an assured thing. The plates will work with any suspension but you can keep the green/gold scheme if you stick with Tein for both plates and dampers
Old Feb 6, 2007, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

ughh.....so ive been saying this for going on three years now. and as soon as alchemist says it, its golden information. jesus! you people make me sick...lol j/k.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

So uh, how long have you had them installed? And you know, your info isn't legit until you start your own thread about it
Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

^He could be right though... I mean, the Evo top mounts have been known to fit our OZ's for a while. But as Alky said, if there's not a thread about it it's not fact until such time... LOL
Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Until some one actually does it... it isnt fact! Nice job Alchemist... looks like I have one last suspension piece to buy
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
^He could be right though... I mean, the Evo top mounts have been known to fit our OZ's for a while. But as Alky said, if there's not a thread about it it's not fact until such time... LOL
what do you mean, "could be right" did it myself back in 04. never installed them on my car, fitted them on two friends cars though. lol, but i guess i should have started my own thread about that instead of hijacking someone elses, lol.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

IT's all good bro. I didn't claim the info was new. I wanted to get the part numbers out there and let people know that the plates are available. I had some trouble last year finding a place that had them in stock, as opposed to places that wanted to take my money and then promise to call me when they were in. Yeah, right
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to know! Thanks for letting the rest of know and providing the part numbers.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alchemist
IT's all good bro. I didn't claim the info was new. I wanted to get the part numbers out there and let people know that the plates are available. I had some trouble last year finding a place that had them in stock, as opposed to places that wanted to take my money and then promise to call me when they were in. Yeah, right
im just bustin your *****, lol. but i know exactly what youre talking about on trying to actually get a hold of them. and it seems prices have jumped in the past couple years as my friends only had to pay $250 for them and now they are going for $300 at least. had a lot of places willing to take money and promise to let you know when they came in as well, lol.

Quick Reply: FYI: Evo camber plates fit base lancers