Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

New shoes anyone?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New shoes anyone?

Anyone put new shoes on their 08 yet? Im dying to get some but cost is ALOT when compared to previous cars I've had. Tire pressure sensors seem to be a pricey add-on ...Tirerack come down from the price on the website at all?
Old May 23, 2007, 10:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly, I'm afraid to. Dealing with the sensors doesn't look too fun. Even reading the owners manual (which says the pressure sensors should be changed every time you change tires), it's not looking like a cheap proposition... Guess I'll be rocking All-Seasons forever...
Old May 23, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ +1
Old May 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Granted, I guess there's also the fact that you do not need the pressure sensors. Honestly, I've gotten by for 11 years without it. It would just be a matter of making sure that you turned off the warning system so the dashboard wasn't yelling at you 24-7.
Old May 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

OK now here is a good question. I was looking at getting some new rims but keeping the stock dunlops. Will the sensor interchange to a new rim? As far as I can tell it is in the valve stem and would think you could switch it over.
Old May 23, 2007, 03:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Far as I know, yeah. When I looked at TireRack, it was just the normal assortment of rims and they all just had a note about transferring the sensors over.

The only thing is that what I read made them sound like they weren't reuseable (might not be true, but it sounded that way). We need someone to either find out the hard way (by buying new rims with sensors) or someone needs to ask a Mitsu tech if they're reuseable or not...

From the TireRack info:

Originally Posted by TireRack
Your system includes:

TPMS SENSOR
$168.00 for a quantity of 4
REQUIRED VALVE SLEEVE FOR TPMS
$14.00 for a quantity of 4
Total Price: $182.00

NOTE: The original sensors from your original wheels can be used or you may purchase sensors from The Tire Rack.

INSTALLATION: If you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package when you buy new sensors, the sensors will be installed on the wheels at no additional charge. Otherwise, you will have to arrange for installation by a trained technician after your new wheels are shipped to you. The Tire Rack's Recommended Installers are available to help you with your installation needs and can be selected by ZIP Code in the shopping cart.

Once installed, you will need to read your vehicle's owner's manual to review the proper procedure for allowing your vehicle to "recognize" the new sensors.
Old May 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

^ Nice info
Old May 23, 2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Honestly, I'm afraid to. Dealing with the sensors doesn't look too fun. Even reading the owners manual (which says the pressure sensors should be changed every time you change tires), it's not looking like a cheap proposition... Guess I'll be rocking All-Seasons forever...

I'm with you. I think I'll be waiting until someone goes through with it and gives feedback. I'm actually a big fan of my 18" GTS rims but I am never satisfied with 100% stock.
Old May 23, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

^+100