Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Pro-kit or Sportline springs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro-kit or Sportline springs?

Which one is better performancewise???? Pro-kit or the Sportline springs from Eibach????
Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

yea i'd like to know that also and also......with either of those kits do u need to get new shocks/struts???? thanks
Old Mar 23, 2002, 01:37 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

It depends on how low you want to go. The Pro-Kits have a slightly smaller drop compared to the Sportlines. I think you'll be happy with the Pro-Kits unless you like the really low drop look.

No matter which spring you buy you'll need a new set of shocks. The stock shocks won't be able to handle the higher spring rates, and you'll be bouncing around for a few months till they blow and you end up having to get a set anyhow. The labor time will be the same since you have to remove the the shock to get the spring off anyhow.

Mark
Old Mar 23, 2002, 03:34 AM

What type of shocks would you use with lowering springs?? Could you use something like sensa-tracs? Or are there special shocks made for use with higher rate springs?

Old Mar 23, 2002, 03:44 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I've never heard of sensa tracs. Decent aftermarket performance shock companies would be Koni, Tokico, KYB. I'm not sure which companies have shocks available for the US Lancer yet. Eibach also have a Pro-Kit shock line which may go nicely with a set of their Pro-Kit springs.

Technically this setup isn't perfect because the aftermarket shocks aren't valved specifically for the spring rates, but unless your a heavily experienced racer, it'll make no difference. Koni's have a lifetime warranty and are easily rebuildable or expandable into a better shock, so if you plan on track events and autoxing they're a great buy. Otherwise a set of KYB AGX will be the best buy from a price / performance standpoint.

Mark
Old Mar 24, 2002, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

My Tuning shop told me that if I get the Eibach springs when they come out I can use my stock shocks for atleast a year consdering there brand new.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

I understand the Pro kit Eibachs would be better with stock shocks. The idea is to keep the shocks from hitting the bump stops all the time. That is how you kill shock and have that f'ed up ricer ride.:soapbox:
Old Apr 10, 2002, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

I'll go with Sportline thanx a lot:headbng2:
Old Apr 15, 2002, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Updated lancer page for you guys

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/lancer.htm

ROAD/RACE
Love that pimp thing!
Old Apr 15, 2002, 09:30 PM

eibach

If you go with the sportlines and you have the OZ I suspect yu will be dragging on curbs all the time. Thats a really low spring. I have the pro-kit on my talon and it is great. If I decide on new springs for the Lancer, it will getthe pro-kit. As far as shocks, the stock ones will be gone is way less than a year with lowering springs. It's a fact. It is not even worth it to take apart the suspension twice. Just wait and do it right the first time. The AGX's are a nice match to the prokit (at least on the dsm).
Old Apr 15, 2002, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Ordered my Prokit today!!!!
Old Apr 27, 2002, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

So if u buy the Pro Kit, you'd have to change the shocks too?
Old Apr 27, 2002, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

With pretty much any of the current spring sets out right now, you'll want to change the stock struts. They just can't handle the spring rate of aftermarket springs. They won't be able to fully dampen hits your car takes and you're going to bounce like some sort of crazy kangaroo. The Pro-Kit is least likely to cause initial problems with lowering but it'll still be tearing up your struts. The Sportline and it's nasty drop will definitely require new struts, same goes with those Arospeed springs... In my opinion the Sportlines and the Arospeed drops are just to low to be practical.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Any Idea??

Any idea where I can purchase reasonably priced aftermarket shocks?? I recently bought Eibach's Pro Kit and I dont want to mess anything up. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Only one option and they're not even out right now: RMR (Ralliart) Strut Kit. Check their site or the last page(s) of the parts thread.

Quick Reply: Pro-kit or Sportline springs?