Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Other slotted brake options?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007 | 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Other slotted brake options?

I just got my new axxis pads today and I need to order new rotors. I am looking at the street series slotted rotors from RRM. I haven't heard anything but good things about them. I was wondering if there are any good ones that measure up to the RRM ones for cheaper?
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

RRM street series are just slotted rotors. RRMrace series are exactly the same, just powdercoated on non-contact surfaces.

Tire Rack has Brembo slotted rotors for around $155. www.tirerack.com
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
RRM street series are just slotted rotors. RRMrace series are exactly the same, just powdercoated on non-contact surfaces.

Tire Rack has Brembo slotted rotors for around $155. www.tirerack.com
Oh I didnt know that. So the street series dont need to be powdercoated do they? I take its only for looks. Oh and I tried looking for those brembos but they dont make them for the ES.
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

ooh. didnt see you had an es. my bad. ha.

The powdercoating on all non-contact areas prevents rust. Otherwise they will probably rust over time. Also helps for looks though.
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Price own'd! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lance...QQcmdZViewItem

They do say at no additional charge they can do just drilled, just slotted, whatever.

Good luck!

EDIT...sorry non-ES only. ARRRGGGHHH
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Price own'd! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lance...QQcmdZViewItem

They do say at no additional charge they can do just drilled, just slotted, whatever.

Good luck!

EDIT...sorry non-ES only. ARRRGGGHHH
Lol ya. I found a lot of options...for the OZs.

I just went ahead and ordered the street series slotted rotors from RRM. I'm sure I will be satisfied. Thanks for trying everyone!
Old Sep 6, 2007 | 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

I have power slot rotors and axxis ultimates... I have some goodridge stainless brake lines just sitting in my trunk right now. Having these breaks on just makes what I was running stock seem like a joke.
Old Sep 7, 2007 | 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Brembo Sport slotted brake rotor that I ordered from Tirerack guess it doesn't help the es guys, but here's the link:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...=& perfCode=S

I also have the PORTERFIELD R4S BRAKE PADS from TopBrakes. Here's that link:

http://www.topbrakes.com/order.cfm?p...TOKEN=74920657

The combination is great. Very strong stopping power... you just have to be careful when driving another car because their brakes are NOT going to stop you as fast as these will unless of course you are driving an evo...
Old Sep 7, 2007 | 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shingen
I have power slot rotors and axxis ultimates... I have some goodridge stainless brake lines just sitting in my trunk right now. Having these breaks on just makes what I was running stock seem like a joke.
I cant wait. I should be getting my rotors on Thursday of next week and I am putting them on ASAP.

I heard people talking about breaking in the brake pads? What does that involve? Also any tips for different compounds and lubricants and whatnot that would help my install? I think there is stuff that you put on the back of the pad but I'm not sure. Also do I need to re-use those metal backing plates from the stock pads?
Old Sep 7, 2007 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Re-use those shims and replace any missing or worn brake pad brackets (the little metal clip things). Break-in procedure is on the brake pad box; but basically you find yourself a little road that doesn't get traveled much. Do this 7-10 times. Accelerate to about 30ish and brake with a medium firmness until you're about 10 mph. Then speed back up and redo 7-10 times... You will smell the brakes breaking in, but you'll be fine.
Old Sep 7, 2007 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Re-use those shims and replace any missing or worn brake pad brackets (the little metal clip things). Break-in procedure is on the brake pad box; but basically you find yourself a little road that doesn't get traveled much. Do this 7-10 times. Accelerate to about 30ish and brake with a medium firmness until you're about 10 mph. Then speed back up and redo 7-10 times... You will smell the brakes breaking in, but you'll be fine.
Okay thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2007 | 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I got my rotors and pads put on and WOW. HUGE difference. I had some fun breaking them in. As a matter of fact I had so much fun they were smoking a LOT! Maybe I got some oil on the rotors or something. Now I have a question. Do the Street Series rotors come powdercoated too? Thats how mine came.