Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

T. P. M. S.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good to know - getting winter tires mounted this weekend... don't really feel like waiting for the first snow fall and having everyone else go at the same time...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Just swap the sensors over. It's not hard. ALMOST AS EASY AS PUTTING IN A NEW VALVE STEM LIKE THEY WOULD ANYWAYS WITH NEW RIMS AND TIRES. tHEN NO CALIBRATION FEES AND NO NEW SENSORS FEES. I did it with my 18's and have not had a problem to date.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:28 AM

I spoke to the dealer and they said there will only be a warning light that will flash but didn't sound to sure.

Is it just a light that will flash or is there a constant beeping noise?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shinobee1
Is it just a light that will flash or is there a constant beeping noise?
Beeps when the car turns on, when you open the door, etc. But it's not constant.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 09:31 AM

So I can use the sensors of my stock wheels and put them in the new wheels and nothing else to do and it will work fine?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Erikku
So I can use the sensors of my stock wheels and put them in the new wheels and nothing else to do and it will work fine?
Yes they will work fine if you swap them over. Just make sure the people doing it know what they are doing. Max 25 inch pounds to tighten the nut on the sensor.

The good thing about the sensors is that the valve stem has movement, to a small degree, to mount for different applications. In other words the stem will flex on the sensor to give you a variety of applications.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my winter tires on today and well the warning for not having tpms is damn anoying

When you start the car is goes beep beep and turn your center display yellow and displays service required and on top of that theres a yellow ligth in the cluster that blinks . You can clean the warning of the display by pressing the info button and the yellow ligth stay on and a ! is displayed in the center display . Im gonna remove my sensors off my stock wheels and stick them in a pressurised compartement made of ABS pipes
Old Nov 3, 2007, 06:01 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've suggested this before, and I'm still convinced that it's a viable solution, as long as the sensors aren't too big. Buy one of these at your local hardware store. When you get your tires changed, ask the tire place to take out the sensors and hand them to you. Put them into this container then fill it to the proper pressure level. Toss the canister under your seat and forget about it.

Nosman's idea is a good one, too, if the sensors are too big for the container I linked to. Small PVC tube with endcaps glued on and airtight (after you put the sensors in). Install a schrader valve on one of the endcaps, pressurize, and done.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Well it seams like we have the same TPMS then chrysler .Part number 4 250A225 retails 98$ canadian for Mitsubishi and part number 56053030AC retails 58$ for chrysler LOL . Exact same part . Today i putted my 4 sensor in a pressured PVC pipe and after 200 km and 2 h of driving the light is still on so IT DOES NOT WORK . The sensors get trigerred by centrufugal force i think . They also have a battery .

Also from all the sources i gatered on the internet it seams like putting a second set on OEM sensor does not require programing i think, not too sure yet . I think i will order a set of 4 sensor off ebay or go to the chrysler dealer and order 4 sensors with the same ID as the ones i have now .

Man those sensors are a pain for us with winter tires
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

TPMS sensors

Pls try on www.tire.com and speak with the sales man Mat at 1-888-774-6560 the extension 1865 and tell him about the sensors is $53 each.

Tell him that Nelson from Qualitech-Miami has been referred just to him remember that price.

I hope you find this helpful.

Last edited by nelsondevicenci; Nov 12, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

TPMS snsors

on this last saturday i put on my car the Konig Furthers wheels and i saw the extremely easy to change the sensors from the factory wheels to the furthers, just is a take off the valve and thats it the sensor come out and plug in to the the wheel the same way you dont need to do nothing, no messages on the car , no beeps.

I post later pics on my wheels on the car.
Attached Thumbnails T. P. M. S.-further.jpg  
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

can comebody please do a step by step procedure in changing tpms sensors from stock tire to snow tires? it will be greatly appreciated and everyone will start changing it themselves. (or, just take it off the tire you have no right now and put it back; just to show how it's installed)

by spending 1~2hr takign pix and showing the pic-tutorial, you will be potentially saving us:
500 (# of '08 lancer owner) x $120 (installation; recalibrating at dealership) = a grand total of $60,000 bucks!!!

somebody! lead the way!

Last edited by jappaswat; Nov 12, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Tpms

ok, i do not take pics, but i can tell you:

i saw this:

1. The guy take off the air on the tire.

2. Take off the tire from the rim.

3. He remove a nut from the valve outside of the rim.

4. After that the sensor the tpms go down.

5. After that he put the sensor into the new wheel and adjust the nut into the valve outside the rim.

6. Put the tire into the new wheel.

7. Put air in the new wheel with tire.

8. Put the wheel on the balancing machine.

8. Put them back to my car.

Thats it, no reprogram the sensors.

Last edited by nelsondevicenci; Nov 12, 2007 at 07:53 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the weight difference there will be balancing required try to get that included in any deal
Old Nov 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

You forgot to mention that you have to torque the valve spring to 3 lbs/inch and the nut that holds it on the rim to 71 lbs/inch

I also have an update from my dealer and seaching around on the net . Now let's make it clear for everyone . Our sensors don't need any calibration you can switch them over to other rims or tire without any problems . Now with a second set of tpms i heard that for our sensor you even did'n have any programming to make to the ECU , They just pick them up while you drive and can take to 15 km . Wenesday or thursday i will have the final answer for this . I purchased a set of OEM sensor off ebay (60$ for a set of 4 sensor) for my buddy and we trying it this week . I will post results later on this week .

Quick Reply: T. P. M. S.