Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 Review

I use my stock OZ rims for winter time adventures here in the midwest and I discovered that my tires needed to be replaced this year. So, I bought some Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60's based on a little research and what not. Anyway, these things are amazing. Not only do they blow my old all-season tires away (DUH!), but the ride is more quiet and smooth than the snow tires that some of my friends and relatives have. Plus, the cornering and stopping distances are just awesome. I hardly ever slide and I don't think I have spun them more than a few times on ice. (Keep in mind how narrow stock oz rims are)

So far this winter, I've been driving in freezing rain, snow, and horrible combinations of the two with patches of ice all over. Yet these tires have kept me in control.

I haven't been on here as much as I used to because of work and the wifey, but I had to drop in to recommend these tires. I am totally happy with the purchase and am thinking of charging for all the "hey bud, can you pick me up" cell calls.... We will see how they do again tonight, because we are supposed to be getting more snow.

Take it easy everyone and drive safely!!!

Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Just a little update:

I just spent the weekend driving in the snow. These tires still handle very well in thick and/or compacted snow. I really like how good the ride feels. It's just quiet and very stable.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Tirerack.com had some blizzaks on sale for $58 for our lancers...I almost bought them for my 15" rims but then said nah
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:45 PM

what are some other good winter tires because i am going to be going to wyoming for college and i really need new tires they are like slicks right now haha
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most of the blizzacks are good winter tires, i got a set for my evo and it works great in snow. i had to make it to spin out!!!