Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack
View Poll Results: Which to buy?
Eiback Pro-kit Springs
66.67%
RRM Rear Sway Bar
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Springs or Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Springs or Rear Sway Bar

Got a little money coming and would like some opinions. Trying to decide between Eibach Pro-kit springs and RRM Rear Sway Bar. Leaning towards the springs right now.

Last edited by nasdale; Aug 3, 2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

since you have an oz that already has a sway bar go for the springs you can always upgrade your sway bar latter.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Go for the sway bar - it'll probably be a much better performance boost for a lower cost and easier installation. The springs may help too, but from what I've read there's no competition and I can definitely vouch for the sway bar doing amazing things.
-N
Old Jul 28, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Both, but springs before swaybar...since the swaybar will have great effects on aftermarket springs...
Old Jul 29, 2003, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

OK, still leaning towards the springs, unless anyone can convince me other wise.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 04:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would go for the springs first as well. Lowering your center of gravity will improve the handling of the car quite a bit alone. It will also make the car look more aggresive. You will love the handling once you add the sway bars. Our test cars here were on rails once all suspension parts were installed.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would definitly go with the springs before the sway bar, lowering your center of gravity improves the andeling of your car as well as getting rid of the ugly wheel gap on the lancer, this way you walk out side everymoring and say man the car looks so much better down there and it handels better. versus hopping in your car and driving away
Old Jul 29, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

springs. adds the looks and performance. If you have wheels its the perfect accessory
Old Aug 2, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

i grabbed the strut tower bar from rrm, i could definently feel the difference in the improvement of the handling...now i'm soon going to grab the rear sway bar. ideal set up would be springs, strut and sway bar, but if you just want an increase inperformance you'd be fine with just the rear sway bar and in the future, a strut bar
Old Aug 3, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

RK, I have the front strut bar already, I think I'm going with the springs. Money should be in by Monday or Tuesday. Then start saving for the rear sway bar. Thanks All!!!
Old Aug 3, 2003, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cerfur
i would definitly go with the springs before the sway bar, lowering your center of gravity improves the andeling of your car as well as getting rid of the ugly wheel gap on the lancer, this way you walk out side everymoring and say man the car looks so much better down there and it handels better. versus hopping in your car and driving away
The Eibachs tend to even out the stance of the car, so keep that in mind if you're expecting a much lower ride. What is it, maybe a 1" drop all around?

I'd still go for springs before sway bar also, for the reasons mentioned above - you already have the stock sway bar and the springs will make the car look better AND handle better.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 12:52 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, springs first. Like Neal said, the lower center of gravity will make the car handle much better. Rear sway bar will just stiffen the rear and and make it drift a little easier, but springs give you looks and handling combined. Springs first, then sway bar later if you want even better handling. Enjoy!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Going with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs because I don't want to drop too much, just make it look better. Also the handling improvement will be nice. The drop is advertised at 1.3 in front and 1.2 rear I think. I do alot of driving in DC (work there) and the roads there suck!!! Plus I won't have to worry about getting the camber kit, not enough drop.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

dont go eibach its almost like stock, get progress or tein same price or cheaper and a stiffer rid
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Springs. The sway bar is only 1mm bigger. Later that might make a difference if you have some money to blow. You can, however, make you suspension pull double duty and not even worry about the bar.

Quick Reply: Poll: Springs or Rear Sway Bar