Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Energy Suspension Bushing Kits - installs vs. stock?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Energy Suspension Bushing Kits - installs vs. stock?

has anyone installed one of these yet?

http://catalog.autopartsgo.com/buy.p...nergy_susp&s=1

Specifically, the control arm bushings? i was just under my car today and got a good look at how torn the bushings were towards the rear of the car on the front control arms.

I'm not going to mess around with the press myself, the one I have is going to be a total PITA...i was reading in another thread that in the EVOs one of the "bushings" that Energy sells isn't an upgrade, as the stock deal is a bearing with a rubber surround. Is this the same case with the 2003 OZ models? Should I stick with stock replacements for anything control-arm related?

Thanks!

(i searched for energy suspension, control arms, control arm bushings, etc. before posting this...thanx)
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey well I’m in the same boat as you I’m currently build a 2006 lancer Ralliart for a buddy of mine, and I notice there is basically no one making bushing for The lancers.. Now I may be wrong, but the other day I checked out both Prothane and Energy suspension catalogs and found no listing for the Lancer’s lower models they only list for the EVO. And from what I have been told and read I’m not sure if and Bushing Kit for an EVO would work on a Lancer Es, OZ, or RalliArt.. If someone has done measurements pleas jump in and correct me. But I also believe there is change in the bushing size’s from 02-06 on the various lancer models. As Far as I have seen no company currently makes a Full Bushing kit for the Lancer other than For the EVO.
Now with the kit in the link you posted, if you check the part number on the Energy suspension site they show up under the EVO 8 kit. See link below…
Now look at part Number in on the Energy suspension site, bottom of the page…

Now I have had experience with working on Nissan 300zx’s (z31) for the past 6 years, and back around 1996 the same thing happened with us. The 84-86 and 87-89 Z3’s have different bushing. But a bunch of the Guys in the z31 community petitioned Prothane to make a Polly Bushing kit for the z31. And with Help from Motor Sport auto who loaned prothane a z31 for measurement, Prothane produced a kit for the z31. Here a good article about why poly Bushing are a good mod, it’s written buy a Z31 guy but the main idea of the article pertains to all cars. Food for thought.
http://www.redz31.com/pages/polyFAQ.html

So I’ve already made a similar Post on mitsuNation. Basically how many people here would be serious about wanting a Poly Bushing kit for their lancer? If we have enough serious people and some effort, there is a good chance we could get Prothane to produce a Polly bushing kits for these cars. It will not happen overnight, and not saying it will be easy. Basically to them the demand needs to be there for them to produce a kit.

So any one seriously interested in a Polly Bushing kits pleas post up, I’m willing to work with everyone on these forum and see if we can make this happen...
www.prothane.com

For more info please e-mail me. zxproductions@hotmail.com

Sean
Sheridan performance
Old May 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

I emailed ya
Old May 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

i started a thread specifically for anyone interested in stock lancer bushings per Sean above...go HERE