Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Stock GTS tire thread, pull to the left ?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock GTS tire thread, pull to the left ?

Well, i've put back my GTS wheel last week (wiith 5000M tires) and I noticed that the thread for all 4 tires is the same let's say "the wave go from left to right" on each side of the tire, I know it's not a good description but well. (Some kind of / / ). http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic...um=445VR85000M
All tire I had before had the same patern on the left and on the right of the tire like a mirror (More Like / \ ) .

Is it normal that i've got 4 tires alike (in a way I can put them anywhere and it won't change anything) or shouldn't they gave me 2 tires from left to right and 2 from right to left ?

If it's normal, can the tread be the issue of the pull to the left problem on our lancer ?
Old May 1, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

if the thread is aimed the same, i could see it playing some role in the pulling issue. the tread has a lot to do with gripping the road. I'll have to go check my tires later to see what they look like. I've never had the pulling issue.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

so i checked my tires. all the threads point forward and to the left, on both sides of the car. i guess the threads dont play a huge role in the pulling issue.