Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

lowering?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowering?

what is the best way to lower your car and the cheapest? shocks? or what im maybe not looking for performancebut little lower ride height and what is the best company or place to get them from? i have 05 oz rally black just so u know
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

before someone tells you too search, springs are the cheapsest but have been known to blow your struts, so springs + struts will probably cost the same as a cheap set of coilovers however if you dont drive crazy and the roads in your area are nice, you might get away with the springs(tein,progress,eibach) I have progress they dont slam the car but that might be better for the struts.

Last edited by austenm; Jul 13, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Search button... third button from the top right of the page. Works Wonders.

^ but yeah he's right. cheapest way to lower if you're not looking for performance is just some springs. Tein and Progress have some good springs at roadracemotorsports.com
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by frityditty
what is the best way to lower your car and the cheapest? shocks? or what im maybe not looking for performancebut little lower ride height and what is the best company or place to get them from? i have 05 oz rally black just so u know
Well since your car is black, that changes everything...

Just kidding. As stated, lowering springs will stress out your shocks. This would qualify as the "cheap" route, as you want. If you're willing to scrape together around $800 you can get a set of coilovers. Or you can check the Lancer for sale threads and find deals there.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Please search, I suggest you start by reading the FAQ in my sig. This topic has been answered numerous times in the past and is basically related to your budget and your needs.