Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

US Lancer mods for off-road racing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2003 | 09:15 AM

Question US Lancer mods for off-road racing

What type of steps should i take to try and make the us lancer an off-roading kinda car? did a search for this topic...found nothin...
anyway, the way i see the lancer is the type of car to be able to maneuver really well and obviously the engine isnt a beast, but with its handling ability it can be an incredible car to take off road...anybody know where to start? thanks!
-keith
Old Aug 21, 2003 | 09:32 AM
In Timeout

It ain't worth it...that's why.

Seen Lancers in SCCA Rally, maybe Rhys used to drive one, but we've got FWD cars. Kind of defeats the purpose. I'd say if you just want to boot around off road, get a roll cage and do some sus upgrades - adjustable shocks, struts, strut bars, anti-sway bar, rally-spec perches - and weld or screw some serious stainless plates on the the undercarriage. I'd say you'd also need serious wheels and tires. Top it of with a Navigation System and EMS and you've got a trippy off-road USDM Lancer my friend.

Might want to relocate the battery to the trunk, too.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
Old Aug 21, 2003 | 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

buy one of these...
Attached Thumbnails US Lancer mods for off-road racing-mitsu_lancer_wrc_01.jpg  
Old Aug 21, 2003 | 05:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There are currently no off road specific suspensions (or parts really for that matter) that are made for the Lancer and available right now. You could talk to RMR and read the build they did on their car, but keep in mind all the custom fabrication they've done and that it's not exactly a weekend in the garage type job.
Old Aug 21, 2003 | 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Oh man, I rememeber the pics of RMR building their Group 2 Lancer...great shots. Completely fabricated new suspension hardpoints, roll cage. Just awesome but way out the range of most if not all privateers.