Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Spring Noise

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Noise

My car has been making some popping noise from the front right side. I took it to the dealer but they said since i altered the suspension they can't fix it due to the fact that it is suspension related. I have eibachs and they have been fine for the past like 10,000 miles. I was wondering if any one has had this problem before and if there is a simple fix. The noise happens when i left off the gas and hit it again, or when im front a stop getting going again. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

the lancer seem to have problem with being lowered. i know couple of people with eibach that have some issue. i own Progress Spring and they are the worst spring ever.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

i have tein s tech and everytime when i slow down to a stop my right front tire feels like there is rubbing on it or something.. but i hear some popping sounds on mine too..
Old Sep 12, 2003, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

loud popping, like a giant Snapple cap, means the spring was installed upside down. Yep, sorry to break it to ya. Had to take my suspension apart after 4 hours of breakdown and rebuild to flip the springs. The second time it only took 15 mintues

If you went over a big bump, you may have moved the spring in the perch so it's not sitting right anymore.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

yea i went over a big pothole bout a month ago but its on the drivers side though... the left front wheel was bent bad so i hve to buy new stock oz wheel & tire from the dealer and good thing they have it.maybe ill check my springs this weekend... but i know i put on the right direction hehehe... its not that loud though maybe im just over reacting hehe... lol
Old Sep 12, 2003, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Progress springs are not "the worst" ever, they simply need something placed between the very top first and the very bottom first coil to suppress the "clang" that happens since the springs compress and hit each other. I have 2 small 3 inch pieces of clear rubber tubing where they touch and I have no noise now.