Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:57 PM
hcj
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

just got this done yesterday for anyone doing this I HIGHLY recommend getting the full front spindle assembly! Unless you have some sort of hydrolic press or special puller or a huge hammer with huge arms the hub and bearing is almost impossible to get out!! other than that just make sure you get all the parts and it will be really easy. Easy upgrade and im 17 so if I can do it - you can do it!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Even got a set of ralliart wheels and tires already mounted and balanced for $250
Attached Thumbnails Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List-0920002145.jpg   Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List-0920002145a.jpg  
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burner67
just got this done yesterday for anyone doing this I HIGHLY recommend getting the full front spindle assembly! Unless you have some sort of hydrolic press or special puller or a huge hammer with huge arms the hub and bearing is almost impossible to get out!! other than that just make sure you get all the parts and it will be really easy. Easy upgrade and im 17 so if I can do it - you can do it!
I am surprised to hear this, I have been reading about changing the bearing for the front of the 02 lancer and from what I hear the hub literally falls off once the axel nut comes off.

Also if you don't replace the spindle why do you have to replace the bearing that sits in the spindle?

Are you talking about the rear setup vs. the front?

I noticed you have a 2005...I wonder if that makes a difference

Last edited by sadude; Sep 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: update
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Well the rear bearings will just slide right off real easy. but on the front the hub and bearing are both pressed into the spindle pretty good. We used a big hammer to smash it out of there. took a while and destroyed the bearing but we had extras anyway. and im not sure what you mean by:" Also if you don't replace the spindle why do you have to replace the bearing that sits in the spindle?" because the bearing is worn out? and you cannot get the hub or the bearing out separately.. the bearing is pressed extremely tightly onto the hub. Also i saw somewhere that there might be a different kind of spindle/hub/bearing set up, whereas the bearing and hub sit in a separate piece inside the spindle then you unbolt 4 bolts to remove it and then it comes off easily from the spindle. not my model year tho. i think that might be the evo.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's up guys? I'm pretty new to this site but I have been producing rear disc kits for the Mirage guys for quite a while over on Mirage Forums and 4G61t.org. I have about two dozen of my latest kits out on the roads at this time. It allows you to reuse your existing 4x100 rear hubs. Link62 is actually doing some testing for me. I sent him a conversion for the Mirage but we soon discovered that the bolt holes are a little wider on the lancer. He shipped me his old drum backing plate and I designed a new caliper bracket and shipped it out today so maybe he will chime in once he receives it.

My kit allows you to use rear calipers from a 91-94 fwd dsm which has the ebrake setup made into the caliper. It doesn't use the separate drum setup for the ebrake like most later model Mitsubishi's do. I make small adapters that fit on the existing drum ebrake cables to work with the dsm calipers. This setup is much cheaper than trying to track down used ralliart parts plus it allows you to keep your 4x100 wheels. Mini Cooper S rear rotors slide right onto the stock rear hubs and work perfectly with the dsm calipers. Here are a few shots of my Mirage kits.

Pics courtesy of Lusion from Mirage Forums. This is one of my kits on his 5th gen Mirage turbo coupe.

Also, just to confuse you guys even more. The 276mm mini cooper s front rotors fit the 4x100 front hubs perfectly and allow you to use the twin piston calipers from the na stealth/3000gt, diamante, 2g awd dsm's and some other Mitsu's.

mini cooper front rotor vs oem mirage front rotor

Old Sep 25, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey there Chris, fancy seeing you around these parts! You remember how I modified your ebrake adapter design? Just an FYI, it's still as tight as the day it was installed. The jamnut is doing it's job.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

waiting for link62 to put the kit on and tell me how it fits, rele want this kit!! : )
Old Oct 5, 2010, 04:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He sent me a message and told me he got the new brackets last week. Maybe he will make time to install them shortly and update us.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

sorry guys i wasnt able to install them this weekend due to one of my front brake line leaking so i had to spend my free time fixing that to be able to drive the car but ill try and get them on this week
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

I forgot if it was mentioned on here before but what master cylinder can we upgrade to
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by zulu989
I forgot if it was mentioned on here before but what master cylinder can we upgrade to
Evo or one from a 3000GT VR-4.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
Evo or one from a 3000GT VR-4.
thanks senate
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zulu989
thanks senate
im using a 3000gt one which has a 1" bore but its a two port one so u have to use a porportioning valve off a 1g dsm or a mirage to make it a four port like ours ive seen an evo have a four port master cylinder like ours but not sure what model it comes on also u have to adjust the brake booster so that the fronts dont stay locked up the evo and vr4 MC i think are 1 1/16"

and i just finished installing the brackets 30 mins ago and the work just fine better then my mangled mirage ones so its good to go will put pics up once i get the software installed on my new laptop to connect my phone

Last edited by link62; Oct 11, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

sweet! how do u adjust the booster

Quick Reply: Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List