Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I just want to make sure I have everything figured out and ready so I can install the rear disc conversion from 89Mirageman.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

take pics of the install bro. I mean alot of pics.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

will do. im just waiting for him to make the brakets and ship me the rear disc kit, front twin piston calipers and the master cylinder. it should be a fun day. installling coilovers and upgrading the brakes.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:42 PM

Hi, I have a question, my Lancer is a CS3A and it has ABS but It did not came with rear disk. Near my neighborhood there is a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 totally damaged. Do you think I can do a rear disk conversion from that SUV?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

hay i was wondering if someone with a 5 speed could tell me how they set up there master cylinder after the upgraded it to the 1" bore. im having problems figuring out how to set up the slave cylinder.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:49 PM

I have added some information to this excellent article. Please add ??? Field with the information that you have.
Thanks!!!

Rear Disc Conversion:

Rotors and pads - available from various places in various styles

Backing plates - only available new from Mitsu (MR569384 & MR569389)
OUTLANDER COMPATIBLE

Parking brake hardware kit - available from Rockauto.com - HW17405
????

5-lug hub assembly (you need 2) - available from Rockauto.com - HA590103
????

E-brake cables - only available new from Mitsu (MN102171 & MN102172)
Only Lancer Rallyart

Rear calipers - available new from Mitsu (MR955065 & MR955066), Rockauto.com as a loaded rear pair (8630203)
OUTLANDER COMPATIBLE

Brake hose (you need 2) - available new from Mitsu (MR449101), Rockauto.com (H620299)
Only Lancer ES 2006-2007 and OZ Rally models

Brake hard lines - available new from Mitsu (MR493468 & MR493469)
????

Brake hose (you need 2) - available new from Mitsu (MR493450)
????

Brake line clips (you need 6) - available new from Mitsu (MA431825)
????

Brake shoes - available new from Rockauto.com or from any local part store

That covers the rear disc & 5-lug swap. On to the front 5-lug conversion. The Ralliart and Lancer use the same spindle assembly, wheel bearing, etc.. You only need to change out the calipers and hub assemblies. The best route would be to source the entire spindle assembly from a Ralliart with the 5-lug hub already installed and maybe the caliper included. If not, here is the information:

Hub assembly (you need 2) - available new from Mitsu (MR519923), also may be ordered from a local part store
OUTLANDER COMPATIBLE

Calipers - available new from Mitsu (MR955063 & MR955064), or loaded from any local part store
OUTLANDER COMPATIBLE
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

so if anyone is looking at doing the 89Mirageman rear convertion it works great! hes a really nice guy and helped me with getting my front calipers. ive had the kit on my car for 3 months now and it work great. one thing that no posted and maybe it was the rear calipers i got but i had to do some cutting of the caliper. the one's i got had a mounting tab that bolted to the car it came off. Name:  IMAG0065.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  49.0 KB
which ended up making it so the caliper wouldnt close all the way.Name:  IMAG0066.jpg
Size:  75.2 KB
so we had to cut it off and it fit liked a dream.Name:  IMAG0071.jpg
Size:  81.1 KB
for the break master cylinder i ended up going with going with and evo master cylinder and brake booster cause the reservoir had the plug for the clutch slave cylinder. got it off ebay for $50. it kinda looks like crap but it works for now tilll i can pay to get the lines shortend and cleaned upName:  IMAG0078.jpg
Size:  38.9 KBName:  IMAG0080.jpg
Size:  68.1 KB
upgraded the fronts to twin piston calipers
Name:  IMAG0082.jpg
Size:  33.4 KBName:  IMAG0084.jpg
Size:  67.4 KB
all in all everything worked great and it looks and handles so much better

Last edited by krisgoodwin84; Mar 21, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see you got it all installed and thanks for pointing out that the dsm rear calipers need to be trimmed for clearance. I know they are pretty close on the mirage but do not touch so I assumed it was the same way for the lancers. Where was the stock brake proportion valve mounted on your car? You can buy 3/16" brake tubing at any parts store and a tubing cutter/flare tool at Harbor Freight for cheap and make new lines from scratch if you care about looks. You can also buy a cheap tubing bender as well. Something to look into.

I am also currently working on a rear disc setup for the OZ 4 x 114.3 guys. Someone on here purchased an OZ hub and shipped it to me and I have confirmed that 89 mirage/colt turbo or 91/92 Galant VR-4 rear rotors slips right on and work perfect. Now I'm in the process of looking for a trailing arm from a 02-07 lancer for mockup on my workbench. There was one in a local yard for 6 months or more and of course now that I need a part they crushed it .

If anyone has a parts car by chance and would be willing to send me this part I will hook you up with a discount on a rear disc kit once I get them fabbed up.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

opps i guess i forgot to mention that i had to cut that part off the brakes lol
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 89Mirageman
Glad to see you got it all installed and thanks for pointing out that the dsm rear calipers need to be trimmed for clearance. I know they are pretty close on the mirage but do not touch so I assumed it was the same way for the lancers. Where was the stock brake proportion valve mounted on your car? You can buy 3/16" brake tubing at any parts store and a tubing cutter/flare tool at Harbor Freight for cheap and make new lines from scratch if you care about looks. You can also buy a cheap tubing bender as well. Something to look into.
haha its ok the mirage is a little bit diffrent form the lancer so it happends. Are proportion valve is built into the master cylinder. i was told that a tub cutter and flare tools where like $300 but thats good to know. i would love to clean up the brake lines so ill look into it.
Originally Posted by link62
opps i guess i forgot to mention that i had to cut that part off the brakes lol
haha i did almost **** a brick when i did the swap, and at 3 in the morning i found out that it didnt fit. but the next day got a cut off wheel and bam it worked. link62 did you have to cut the front brake dust sheild like they did on the mirage page or did you leave it
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krisgoodwin84
haha i did almost **** a brick when i did the swap, and at 3 in the morning i found out that it didnt fit. but the next day got a cut off wheel and bam it worked. link62 did you have to cut the front brake dust sheild like they did on the mirage page or did you leave it
no i didnt have to
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

89Mirageman let us know when you make a kit for the OZ. i know that there are some guys out there that would love to do the swap. this was a lot less work then doing the 5 lug swap. one thing to anyone looking at upgrading there front calipers is that you have to at lest have a 15" rim to do it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:28 PM

I just recently went to my near by brake shop and asked them about converting my rear drums for disk brakes in my es lancer and he said that I would have to completely swap the rear suspension to do that what I'm wondering is he full of s*** cause I got the feeling he didn't want to do it at all
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DrDoc89
I just recently went to my near by brake shop and asked them about converting my rear drums for disk brakes in my es lancer and he said that I would have to completely swap the rear suspension to do that what I'm wondering is he full of s*** cause I got the feeling he didn't want to do it at all

You can't just ask any mechanic such a car specific question man. He's not gonna know the ins and outs of every vehicle out there.
That's why you come to an online forum like this; to get that sort of info. Everything you need is right here in this thread; so if you're
serious about doing the swap, then start reading and it should answer most if not all of your questions.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DrDoc89
What you did was silly. Of course he's going to suggest swapping the suspension. You think he's going to suggest using a bracket that some stranger makes to make the swap possible? Or what about expecting him to fab up a entirely new bracket on his time or on company time and do research on what will fit and what won't? I wouldn't even expect him to put on the kit for you if you brought it to him. You think he wants to be liable for your car/life if something fails?

Get real man. Why are you going to a shop to see if a swap can be done or can they do it? You have the contact to buy it, You have two sets of directions, you have a community to support you. What else do you want?

Quick Reply: Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List