Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Stock evo suspension on the ES? I know front fits Is there any way to fit the rear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock evo suspension on the ES? I know front fits Is there any way to fit the rear?

Stock Evo suspension on the ES? I know front fits Is there any way to fit the rear?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
You would need to use Evo rear lower control arms and have the upper strut mounts cut out and have the Evo upper strut mounts welded in. You will also lose your rear sway bar as the Evo's rear sway bar endlinks are mounted to their rear upper control arms (which Lancers don't have.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by senate6268
You will also lose your rear sway bar as the Evo's rear sway bar endlinks are mounted to their rear upper control arms (which Lancers don't have.
Drill a hole through the lower control arm... tadam. you've got your sway bar hooked again.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by blaze_125
Drill a hole through the lower control arm... tadam. you've got your sway bar hooked again.
Technically you would also need to either machine out a hemisphere on the top and bottom of the arms also to allow for proper seating of the bushings. Or you could use different end links and use a bracket to connect them to the LCAs. I'd be less concerned about losing the sway bar and more concerned about the structural work being done in the trunk to relocate the rear strut towers.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, you can't fit it on the rear, unless you replace the top strut mounts with evo ones, which means you cut out all the sheet metal support and put in the new. As for the lower control arms, some of the older ones they made aftermarket for the older 95-01 mirages might work if you used a different strut.