Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Drag DR-19... This is how its looks on the GTS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drag DR-19... This is how its looks on the GTS

Pics helped me out a lot when I was shopping for wheels - so hope this helps anyone who might be looking to put this type of wheel on their GTS... Not for everyone, but I'm quite happy with it.

According to Drag Wheels, the DR-19s are 21lbs (I believe the OEM wheels are 23lbs).

Am running on 225/45/18 Yokohama YK520s - much quieter than stock tires. If you are looking for more performance (and still want to stay with all season tires), a good one to look at is the new Goodyear GTIIs.
Attached Thumbnails Drag DR-19... This is how its looks on the GTS-img_0320-1-.jpg  
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look good on a silver lancer.

Also for those who are looking for similar mesh style wheels, the Enkei RPM2 and EKM3 are worth a look too.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

ekm3's look good
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

I've been eying this rim for a long time now, it's looks nice. How much did it cost you including the tires? I like the black one for my Rotor Glow.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

^ Humble you should go with something with a red stripe and get it painted to match your car colour. I think that would look sick . Just a suggestion.

Very nice wheels .
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Greedy_son
^ Humble you should go with something with a red stripe and get it painted to match your car colour. I think that would look sick . Just a suggestion.

Very nice wheels .
Yeah that will work too
Old Aug 24, 2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by humblehyper
I've been eying this rim for a long time now, it's looks nice. How much did it cost you including the tires? I like the black one for my Rotor Glow.
Got them at Discounttire.com... Very reasonable $130 for wheels, the Yokohama's run around $150+ and with new TPMS sensors my whole package came to $1301 (including shipping)... Also quite happy with their customer service...
Old Aug 30, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gcchelsea
Got them at Discounttire.com... Very reasonable $130 for wheels, the Yokohama's run around $150+ and with new TPMS sensors my whole package came to $1301 (including shipping)... Also quite happy with their customer service...
Did you have to take it to the dealer to have the new TPMS codes downloaded to the ECU? If so How much did they charge? J/c.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jer301
Did you have to take it to the dealer to have the new TPMS codes downloaded to the ECU? If so How much did they charge? J/c.
u just put the TPMS in from ur stock wheels and then drive off.. the only thing ull have to pay for is for them to swap the TPMS into the new rims should cost $5 per wheel
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cRc`22
u just put the TPMS in from ur stock wheels and then drive off.. the only thing ull have to pay for is for them to swap the TPMS into the new rims should cost $5 per wheel

Yea, I know that. I thought gcchelsea bought new TPMS sensors. I was curious what the dealer charged to reprogram the ECU. I am curious b/c from what I have read, if you got a new set of wheels with new sensors, you would have to reprogram the ECU. See link below:

http://www.mitsubishi-tpms.com/Mitsubishi-Endeavor.htm

If he bought new sensors I was curious what they cost for Mitsu to reprogram the ECU.

Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by jer301
Yup, had to take it to the dealer... Service manager there is a good guy and charged me 30 min labor ($47) total... Most other dealers will charge 1 hour for it. Call around.

As you probably know, you do need to get to the ECU so it is a "dealer only job." I learned the hard way since I first took it to a National Tire and Battery that charges only $4 per TPMS. Problem is TPMS light doesn't turn on until you drive above 40 mph so it initially looked like it worked. The folks at National Tire and Battery (in Natick, MA) had absolutely no clue... Definitely would avoid them in the future (at least the one in Natick, MA).
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, had to take it to the dealer... Service manager there is a good guy and charged me 30 min labor ($47) total... Most other dealers will charge 1 hour for it. Call around.

As you probably know, you do need to get to the ECU so it is a "dealer only job." I learned the hard way since I first took it to a National Tire and Battery that charges only $4 per TPMS. Problem is TPMS light doesn't turn on until you drive above 40 mph so it initially looked like it worked. The folks at National Tire and Battery (in Natick, MA) had absolutely no clue... Definitely would avoid them in the future (at least the one in Natick, MA).

I guess that isn't as bad as i thought it would be. I think it is rediculous what Mitsu is charging for some of these services, but it is what it is. I guess thats one of the services you have to just suck up and pay for if you replace the sensors. Thanks for the info
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

on my wheels on my 08 and 09 gts i simply swapped them from my stock set to the new set and they worked no problem there is NO need to have them reset the ONLY time you need to have them reset is if a sensor has failed. simply getting new tires/wheels DOES NOT require you to go to the dealer. Trust me ive done this twice on my 08 and once on my 09.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:12 PM

I bought NEW sensors, hence the reset (had a guy lined up for the old OEM wheel/tire/tpms set).

But yes, if you are just swapping them out no need to do anything...
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:40 PM

rpf1's ftw(:

Quick Reply: Drag DR-19... This is how its looks on the GTS