Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Diagrams for rear brakes?(08 Lancer)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Diagrams for rear brakes?(08 Lancer)

Hey, so in changing my brake pads, I got the front done, and am curious if anyone has a diagram of the rear brakes. OR if you can tell me... Is doing the rear as easy as the front? Please let me know! I want to tackle them tomorrow (too dark now), so any answers would be great.... I know its kind of a silly thing to ask but hey... its the first time doing my own brakes... THANKS!!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't done rear brakes on the lancer yet, but from previous experiences with rear brakes they are not much harder at all. Slight differences like how to compress the piston (E-brake off helps a lot), but all in all should be about as easy as the fronts.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it will be fairly straight forward if you have done the front before. The only difference is in the parking brake, which is a drum type brake located inside the caliper.

Unless you are replacing or machining the rotors, you don't need to worry about the park brake.

Just undo one of the slider bolts in the caliper, most likely the top one, use a pry bar to get the caliper piston to retract in order to ease removal. Swing the caliper assembly down, re & re pads.

Now I have not done brakes on this vehicle so I am assuming the step above will work, you may have to remove the entire caliper or even the whole slide assembly.. Good luck.

Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?iql5ayjthmj

Last edited by CamShaft; Feb 1, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it ended up being EXTREMELY easy. It was just the same as the front, Just loosen the top bolt on the Caliper, take out the bottom, and it swings up, easy access to the pads that way. The piston even compressed the same.. Thank you both! I'm so glad it's finally over with (i've been putting off on the brakes for awhile til I had the $ to buy them... thank god it didn't go TOO long and start wearing away at my rotors...Thank god for Engine Braking!! haha)