Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Anyone have problems with the RRM V2 grip springs?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have problems with the RRM V2 grip springs?

I've pretty much narrowed my lowering springs choices down to WORKS and RRM. I'm curious if anyone has trouble scraping while going into driveways? Problems with stock shocks? Anything like that with the G.R.I.P. springs. Any input would be great!

Thanks
Old May 4, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will be good if you take your time at sharp angles. I had Works springs on last summer and I never had a problem. I will be installing H&R springs soon sor this summer.

What part of the burgh you from?
Old May 4, 2010, 11:25 AM

Do the WORKS springs give it a nice looking drop? I'm trying to balance looks and performance. Trying to eliminate some of that wheel gap while gaining better handling. Any pics?

I live in the North Hills area if you know where that is. I also go to Pitt so I live in Oakland 7 months of the year. (Moving in an apartment down there Aug. 7 though)
Old May 4, 2010, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

They will provide much better performance matched with a RSB, but alone they aren't too bad. I wanted a bit more of a drop which is why I opted for the H&Rs for this coming summer. I do have pics of the drop, but I cannot get to them while at work here. I'll try and remember to post them up later.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:00 PM

Alright! Thanks. I was looking at the H&R because they offer a slightly higher drop than the the RRMs, but I've only heard one review on them and it wasn't too great.

It was in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...lancers-2.html

Hmmm.. decisions.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I saw that too, but that was not very conclusive either (coming from a person who "heard"). In my mind, I like the drop the H&Rs offer, they are a very renowned company, and I wanted to try something new. So, that's what did it for me. I would go with the drop that you think will work best for you.

If you ever need any help with installs, let me know.
Old May 4, 2010, 01:45 PM

Very nice, I appreciate it. Now I have more thinking to do, I would still like to hear from a RRM owner before I decide between these three. But for now I'm going to go replasti-dip my front bumper blackout.

edit: It turned out great if anyone was wondering haha

Last edited by Coray; May 4, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:54 PM

I have rrm grip springs and i have no problem with them

the ride quality is awesome
Old May 7, 2010, 10:29 AM

Went with the RRM springs, I'll post pics when I have my summer wheels on/springs installed if you'd like
Old May 7, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
theres a long thread on major issues/problems with the RRM springs. i would have searched around some before you made your purchase.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:16 PM

I have searched around. There are also long threads of happy customers. If I have problems, I'll fix them and go with WORKS.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:47 PM

the only reason why i went rrm is because they dont kill the shocks as bad as some springs do.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Coray
I have searched around. There are also long threads of happy customers. If I have problems, I'll fix them and go with WORKS.
evom is the wrong place to come for RRM products, not hating on the company but theres a large range of customers who are RRM supporters and support it no matter what. most of the happy customers you see are just happy to have a drop period, and know little to nothing about quality springs.
Old May 8, 2010, 02:00 PM

As you can see under my posts, my home forum is 9glancers. Sorry you feel that way about about these springs. Like I said, if I have problems, I'll fix them and move on. I don't feel like returning an item before I try it.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
evom is the wrong place to come for RRM products, not hating on the company but theres a large range of customers who are RRM supporters and support it no matter what. most of the happy customers you see are just happy to have a drop period, and know little to nothing about quality springs.
All I ever see you do is bash RRM. Have you personally ever purchased any of the parts for the 08 lancer from RRM? I also dont see anywhere what parts you do have installed on your GTS. The parts I have from RRM I am very happy with. Yes sometimes you get a crappy part and in some cases they were not willing to back up a part sold to someone. Possibly due to misuse or mishandling of said item. Call me a fanboy or whatever you want but I think you should just stop posting in any topics related to RRM unless you have valid points to make other than flat bashing them. What parts of theirs have you purchased and had issues with? And where is the long thread with people with spring issues? I searched and didn't find it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have problems with the RRM V2 grip springs?