Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

eibach or progress rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eibach or progress rear sway bar?

which one do you guys recommend on a 2010 lancer es?

i'm about to place my order soon, so i need some opinions on this.

i'm gonna order brakes, and i figure while tires are off, i might as well throw springs in. so i'm getting the eibach pro kit, although i was considering the rrm g.r.i.p kit, but havn't really heard much of it.

with the spring kit, i need that sway bar, but don't know which one to get? or where to order from really.

i also want a camber kit, but don't know where to order one for my car. google comes up with a bunch of sketchy looking sites, so i want to know where evom gets their goodies.

while here, i might as well ask what aftermarket brake pads you guys recommend. i'm thinking either hawk or axxis. but if you guys know wsup, fill me in.

thanks in advance.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was unaware that eibach even made a rsb for the n/a lancers. Progress or Works would be fine.

Camber kit, go to rockauto.com. I think it is <$20 there.

Pads, after having some issues with Axxis ULTs, I went to Stoptech Street Performance Pads and so far have had great results with them. Very quiet, good initial bite, easy to modulate, didn't fade much at all during the beddin process.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

personally, I would go with teins, they have the best looking drop for the money, but it is a matter of preference. You dont really need a camber kit if your not going lower than 2", so you should be fine. Just make sure to get an alignment after a week or 2 on the new springs. for rear sway bar would only go with WORKS (worksevo.com). Be sure to join up CaliLancers.com (08+ lancer community), tell em' I sent you!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks for the advise guys.

So you recommend tein over eibach for the springs? I'm not concerned much about the drop, more in it for the handling.

With your recommendation of the works sway bar, what do you think about the works springs?

I thought some camber bolts negatively set helped handling corners according to another post I read, but if its unnecessary. Ill wait on it then.

Ill try these stoptech brake pads. They look good.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:27 AM

i tried finding some stoptech pads for the 2010 lancer es, can't seem to find any. do they make them for the lancer es?

if not, what do you guys recommend for a N/A lancer as far as performance brakes go?

only brands i can find are axxis or hawk.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mky_og
i tried finding some stoptech pads for the 2010 lancer es, can't seem to find any. do they make them for the lancer es?
Part number is 30908660.

Tein will not do well AT ALL for handling, they tend to be bouncy. Works suspension package, springs and sways, will be very good for handling. Some negative camber in the front will help cornering ability too. Some people will say that it will eat the tires (camber wear), but if you run a mild camber setup, e.g. -1.5/-1.0 f/r with 0 toe, you will not notice the wear much.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:38 PM

wish I saw your reply before I made my order, I really wanted to try the stoptech, but I just went ahead and ordered some hawk hps for this brake change. Ill get the stoptech next brake change and get some slotted rotors too.

I ordered the eibach prokit as well. As I didn't want an extreme drop.

Ill order the works sway bar next paycheck, is works usually fast with their shipping? Cause rrm has the progress ready for pick up if I chose to get the progress.

Any tips you guys have on the spring install that may help avoid any headaches? Gonna rent a spring compressor, we have a torque wrench, socket wrench, and lots of willpower lol.

While speaking on tire wear, what's a good tire you guys run for daily highway driving with the occasional spirited canyon run. Looking for best grip and tire life. I'm still on stock wheels.