Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Best Springs and spring rate for my '03 TURBO ES

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Best Springs and spring rate for my '03 TURBO ES

Ok so to get down to business. I am mainly looking to get rid of some of the weight transfer on takeoff. My car spins ALOT lol, if I can get even a little more traction That would be great. I also wouldn't mind if it got rid of a little of the body roll. I plan on doing more mods like sway bar, strut brace etc. Just want some better springs right now. I dont care if it lowers my car some but I would not want to go more than 1.5". Currently I am looking at tein S-tech. They give me about at 1"-1.5" drop and have a spring rate of 291 Front and 146 rear. Any help or suggestions would be great
Old Oct 24, 2010 | 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

you seem like the kind of guy who should be rollin on coil-overs....just from reading your posts. Adjustable dampening levels would be really cool, so you can set it whereever you want....and the megan ones that I've been so in love with lately, but can't afford, also have adjustable ride height.

One thing that concerns me about them though, is what do you do when 1 goes bad, buy a whole new set?

I know that's not exactly the question you were asking, but if you're going to spend money on springs, you should get new shocks i think, and then if you're going to spend 550 or so...might as well spend 800 and get adjustable height/dampening right?
Old Oct 24, 2010 | 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
you seem like the kind of guy who should be rollin on coil-overs....just from reading your posts. Adjustable dampening levels would be really cool, so you can set it whereever you want....and the megan ones that I've been so in love with lately, but can't afford, also have adjustable ride height.

One thing that concerns me about them though, is what do you do when 1 goes bad, buy a whole new set?

I know that's not exactly the question you were asking, but if you're going to spend money on springs, you should get new shocks i think, and then if you're going to spend 550 or so...might as well spend 800 and get adjustable height/dampening right?
I agree I would love full coilovers, only issue is I dont know when I can afford some. The s-tech I can get for around $200 and I think it will really help my suspension for now.
Old Oct 25, 2010 | 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

No one else has any input? c'mon guys I know someone out there knows something this is EVOM!!!!!!!! lol
Old Oct 25, 2010 | 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

My suggestion would be to get the s teins your strut will be fine that's not causing you to bounce and spin. Spend what you have on shocks because its going to stiffen your ride a lot more

Your strut only keep your suspension from going to far like if your making jumps and crap lol. The teins will give you what you want