Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

TPMS Valve stem replacements??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS Valve stem replacements??

My girl has an 08 GTS and 3 of the valve stems have cracked. I have read through what I can find in the search. Has anyone found a replacement for just the valve stem yet or do we still have to get all new TPMS's and get them reprogrammed. As for reprogramming has anyone found yet if there is anywhere other than the stealership to reprogram them.

I have found some aftermarket ones that you can replace the just valve stem. Does anyone know if these will work.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QRB974000.html

What aftermarket ones are working the best if anyone has gone that route and easiest to get programmed.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:27 PM

I'm not familiar with the factory sensors, but I suspect it's all or nothing. As for the reprogramming, I haven't heard of anyone getting them reprogrammed anywhere other than the dealership. A smart TPMS system (provides actual pressures, can learn sensors automatically, etc) has value, but the system on these Lancers seems like its just the bare bones needed to meet federal requirements that only exist because people are too lazy to check their tire pressure.

Sorry bout the rant....good luck with your search. BTW the everyday Lancer forum here doesn't get alot of attention. You may be better off checking out 9glancers, which is focused on us common folk instead of our boosted brethrin.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No those aftermarket things will not work. You need new sensors. The only place that can program the sensors right now is mitsu. Its 50$ for me...not too bad
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:20 AM

TPMS = FAIL
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
valve stem can not be replaced must replace the entire unit.

let me ask u this OP, is your gf using aluminum valve caps ?

Using anything but plastic valve caps deteriorates the material the valve is made out of

and makes them very susceptible to cracks.

I have 4 used OEM TPMS sensors from a 2008 gts I can sell. They are still mounted on the wheels and tires so I will have to remove them, PM me if interested.