Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Help! About ABS brake!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! About ABS brake!

I have abs brake my car. it really horrible winter the car get lot slide by abs brake stop and go and stop.. almost hit other cars..... I wonder if it's possible to fix switch to No ABS Brake for winter time and change back normal abs brake in Spring time. if it's possible? How to fix? I need to know! if it's work? or not?
THank for help!!! asap!

Last edited by PoWeRaCeRz; Jan 27, 2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Other than pulling the fuse for the ABS controller (not sure if it even exists) I dont think theres any other way. Its always supposed to stay on. OK on to a few things bothering me, your post damn near gave me a migraine trying to "decode" horrible typing skills, I know I probably suck too, but you type like as if you ran 2 miles and tried to tell me this right after. One other thing, is it really cool now days to spell your name (among other things) on alternating capital and lower case letters? JuSt TrYiNg To FiT iN
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by eldanoloco
Other than pulling the fuse for the ABS controller (not sure if it even exists) I dont think theres any other way. Its always supposed to stay on. OK on to a few things bothering me, your post damn near gave me a migraine trying to "decode" horrible typing skills, I know I probably suck too, but you type like as if you ran 2 miles and tried to tell me this right after. One other thing, is it really cool now days to spell your name (among other things) on alternating capital and lower case letters? JuSt TrYiNg To FiT iN
Sorry i am really lousy english skill grammer...! i am just try my best.!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:33 PM

Are u sure it to remove the Abs Fuse? it's will be work? Haven't they Experince with that car! i don't want screw up the car.. i rather smooth to fix. and later will be back work probably. no Mistake.!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Heres a crash coarse in ABS. When the brakes are pressed the ABS controller activate the calipers multiple times a second making it very tough for the brakes to actually lock up. If there is a fuse, and you pull it, the ABS controller will not have power and therefore can not work. Your brakes are hydralic, they will continue to work. AGAIN this is in theory, I've never done it, I would think ABS would be better in the winter but I live in a desert. I wouldn't do it, but you asked for a suggestion, so there you go, yank the fuse. The closest I have ever seen it done was in a car chase in Die Hard with a Vengence. So it must work....right?
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pulled my fuse when it snowed, no worries

When it snowed here the ABS didn't seem to work very well, extending my stopping distances and messing with my brake feel by violently shaking and pushing back on my foot. I pulled the fuse out of the box under the hood (it's labeled in the diagram on the underside of the cover). The ABS light stayed on but I didn't notice any adverse effects. Afterward I could actually feel when my tires slipped and modulated my foot instead of the brake pedal going crazy and shoving back on my feet 1000 times per second. I wouldn't advise taking it out in any other conditions though, as it works great in the rain and gravel.

Edit: I just noticed this is under US Lancers Forum. My experience is with my EVO, your results may vary.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Is there a way to take the ABS controller out and re-route the cables to the brakes directly from the main brake actuator to the capilers?