Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

My Local Dealer is an Idiot

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Local Dealer is an Idiot

I was wondering for all the ppl that got the Ralliart struts from RMR, what exactly did you ask your dealer? Here's the 5 min conversation I had w/ mine:

ME: Hi I was interested in purchasing the RMR/Ralliart shocks from you guys for the 02 Lancer
HIM: Im sorry sir I dont know what youre talking about...could you clarify?
ME: Oh well its an aftermarket strut for the Lancer by RMR
HIM: I don't see it in the parts book, if its aftermarket you should try talking to the company that makes them
ME: Yes, RMR specifically says to get it from a local Mitsu dealer, I think the only way they distribute the product is through Mitsu dealerships
HIM: Well, I dont see anything in the book for it, so we dont have it.
ME: Is there anyone else I could talk to who would know more about this?
HIM: No.
ME: Ok...so what exactly do you have?
HIM: Well we have two different struts, one direct OE replacement and another "sports" OE replacement
ME: (thinking to myself what an idiot he is the 'sports' strut is probably the Ralliart strut) Well does the sports strut say RMR or Ralliart next to it?
ME: Does it mention anything about aftermarket or what not?
ME: Ok well would anyone else know about this, like a salesman?
HIM: No we are the parts dept, they dont deal with this stuff
ME: Ok bye.

You guys get the picture...what can I say to them so they will understand what I am talking bout...Its so frustrating talking to idiots...any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jul 29, 2002, 03:11 AM

Been there done that...................

I talked to my dealerships parts department dip **** to! Don't talk to them they are dumber than a red necks kid. I went in and talked to the BIG man at my dealership and showed him the lancer web site and the RMR web page.(there is a dealership in Indiana). You should be able to find one close to you on the RMR web site on DEALER FIND on the left part of the page. Do not get your hopes up every dealership puts there own mark up on the RMR products. I called two of them and got two different prices.

Don'T YOU JUST LOVE DEALERSHIPS
Old Jul 29, 2002, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

If you don't have a RMR dealer near you, call the guy (forgot his name) on RMR website and they will ship to your home. When i was looking into there exhaust, thats what they said. Good Luck!