Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Sprint Springs NO FIT!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2002, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sprint Springs NO FIT!!!

Okay....firstly I'd like to start off by saying that I originally wanted to get the Tein S-Tech springs for my Lancer ES... Due to a fitting complication because of the ES's 1/2 Lancer 1/2 Mirage suspension. So...I opted to Sprint, and I made sure that it was verified the springs fit... I get a "YES". Then after pulling apart the shock and spring, taking it off the tower mount, undoing the whole thing, the obvious answer is "NO".....
Reason: The Sprint springs are over a 1/2 inch too wide in diameter, and do not fit the spring housing!

The part # is 4320, and currently the Sprint Springs site does not have them listed. I guess they just gave it a wild throw, and decided to screw over us Lancer owners... Well, looks like I'm gonna fight for a full refund and free springs that WILL fit the Lancer ES.

Other complications: Mitsubishi decided to make replacing springs one hell of a job because it involves no Alan wrench compatibility, and because they stuck a big fat piece of useless rubber in the way of the fat nut that you need to unscrew while holding off the top piece with a vice grip.

So I warn all of you, replacing Lancer springs are unneccessarily hard, and Sprint Springs are a joke, so don't get them until they get serious.

I think I'm gonna go get a and go harrass some office workers.

--- Kei
Old Aug 11, 2002, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear it... I kinda had my doubts about those springs after looking at there site, and Sprint saying it could fit both the OZ and ES... when we know that to be blatantly not true... Screw em.

Just to clarify, we just need one more bit of confirmation, and then we ES owners might be looking at being able to get Mirage springs... I'm waiting and seeing.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Hey, good news...I called up Sprint, and I told them about the demand for springs that would fit an ES 2002 Lancer, and gave them any information necessary. I think their springs were also meant to fit OZ's and they're gonna jump on it now. Hell if they need a test car for the springs, I don't mind.

--- Kei
Old Aug 13, 2002, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

just get the top mounts from your dealer...they should sell you the proper parts...will run around $200 though...ok so maybe it's not worth it
Old Aug 13, 2002, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Sprint Springs NO FIT!!!

Originally posted by visualkei72
Due to a fitting complication because of the ES's 1/2 Lancer 1/2 Mirage suspension
No, it's not 1/2 Lancer & 1/2 Mirage, it's 100% using Mirage suspension for the front & rear, check the thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...3&pagenumber=4

Originally posted by visualkei72
Reason: The Sprint springs are over a 1/2 inch too wide in diameter, and do not fit the spring housing!
--- Kei
According to the measurement, yes the front for OZ/LS is about 1/2 inch wider & the rear is about 0.5 cm wider than ES.