Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Suspension on a 2008 lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension on a 2008 lancer ES

Hi all,
Just wondering, is it normal for lancers to have their suspensions just bottom out?.

I've already replaced the "front left strut" on this lancer but, now when I get into the car and sit down, I hear a sqeaking noise, and going over bumps, sounds like the suspension is bottoming out or just not taking the bumps very well.

If i even knew what the problem was today, i couldnt afford to get it fixed right away. But I would just like to get an idea of what the problem could be. To know if this is common for lancers would be great to know.

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found this video on youtube, and it seems pretty close to the sound that my lancer is making, almost exactly identical, I didn't think it would be this easy to find this so fast so ill check it out next time i bring my lancer in:

Old Dec 4, 2016, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice find! If/when this starts happening to me I'll probably throw a second bolt on it as well. I wonder if aftermarket end-links are having the same issue.