Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eibach Pro Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Eibach Pro Kit Question

I would like to start by saying that I have been reading these forums for a few months now and the people are so great here that I finally decided to register!

I hate to ask this question because I think it might be a bit redundant, but I did a few searches over the forum and couldn't find a definitive answer to my question. I looked on Eibach's webpage and I didn't see any springs for the Lancer ES. It was for all Lancers EXCEPT the ES. Now maybe I am totally off here, but do they make the Eibach ProKit for the ES? I want to lower my car, but I don't want to lower it any more then 1.5 inches. The ProKit seemed to be my best bet.

Also, this link here... is that for the ES? I didn't see anything saying it wasn't. Thanks in advance guys. I owe ya.

-=RoscoES=-
Old Apr 2, 2004, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think they make pro-kit for ES, only for OZ and EVO.

You may want to check out Progress springs at Road Race, they lower similar to Eibach but stiffer ride - from what I read.

Funny you asked this, cuz I'm picking my Pro-kit tomorrow for my Ralliart model.

gl
Old Apr 2, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I looked into the Progress springs, but I believe it lowers the car 1.7 inches... I was hoping for not as big of a drop. Any ideas?

(I really want the Eibach kit )

-=RoscoES=-
Old Apr 2, 2004, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen Eibach springs for the ES. Only OZ/LS. You may wanna look to get a set of coilovers instead, it will provide the good handing and suspension and will allow you to control the height of the drop.

I have progress springs on my OZ and love them. Its all about eliminating the wheel gap, and increasing performance. Progress are nice quality and achieve both results.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Out of curiousity, how much did the progress springs lower your OZ? I am worried about rubbing if I lower it 1.7 inches with my 205/45/17 tires...

Also, anyone know any prices off the top of their head?

Edit: Also, I am worried about killing my stock shocks as well. Would it be worth my while to try a Tein kit?

-=RoscoES=-

Last edited by -=RoscoES=-; Apr 2, 2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 06:10 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing the limited choice on shocks, getting the Tein kit would be very worthwhile. But since you have an ES, you could always get the Tokiko shocks if your stock ones blow with the Progres Springs. I think Progress springs are $160 and the Tokiko shocks are $500-600. But that totals to at least $660, and for another couple hundred you could have coilovers. Depends on your preferance.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by urbanknight
Seeing the limited choice on shocks, getting the Tein kit would be very worthwhile. But since you have an ES, you could always get the Tokiko shocks if your stock ones blow with the Progres Springs. I think Progress springs are $160 and the Tokiko shocks are $500-600. But that totals to at least $660, and for another couple hundred you could have coilovers. Depends on your preferance.
Urbanknight: I am sorry to bother you, but could you give me a quick run down of the pro's and con's of either. I am kind of new to the suspension world. Also, would the progress springs lowering the car 1.8" be ok and not rub or anything? 1.8" seems like alot to me... but then again what do I know?

-=RoscoES=-