Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Sprint Springs Fitted on ES!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2002, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sprint Springs Fitted on ES!!!

I finally got them! I dropped my Lancer off at Sprintsprings in Chino as the project car for ES suspension springs. I left it there for a day so they could make springs that fit. When I received them in the mail the fronts were too wide in diameter, and I called them up about it. So yeah, I have a 1.8" drop on all fours, and they replaced my bump stops for me. I got free installation cause the other ones didn't fit.

Sprint Springs for the 2002 Lancer ES:
$165

--- Kei
Old Aug 21, 2002, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

whered you order from do they have em in stock? im still waiting on progress cause im a loyal customer to rob and road//race

NiLe C.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

take some pics so we can see how it looks. 1.8 is cutting it close though, its kinda too low for me but if thats what you like then go for it
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:27 PM

Bout time

It's a bout time that there are springs that "fit" the ES. I am wondering, do we ES's need the upgraded top mounts from the OZ, or are they completly bolt-on??
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Read: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=suspension

If anything, I'm just hoping 5G Mirage equipment will fit. As for the "upgraded" OZ mounts, they're not. Simply, they're just bigger to hold the Lancer's added weight with wider springs and probably revalved struts.

Last edited by pjal84; Aug 21, 2002 at 01:33 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Sprint Springs Fitted on ES!!!

Originally posted by visualkei72
I finally got them! I dropped my Lancer off at Sprintsprings in Chino as the project car for ES suspension springs. I left it there for a day so they could make springs that fit. When I received them in the mail the fronts were too wide in diameter, and I called them up about it. So yeah, I have a 1.8" drop on all fours, and they replaced my bump stops for me. I got free installation cause the other ones didn't fit.

Sprint Springs for the 2002 Lancer ES:
$165

--- Kei
are they using the mirage spring to fit on ES? did you ask them? because I don't think 1 day is good enough for a new spring to be created & tested?! They must use what they have & test on ES which I am thinking they used the Mirage one (1.75 frt & rear) + Lancer is about 200lb+ heavier therefore there is addition .05" drop....?!

Last edited by skylancer; Aug 21, 2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Spring compression time is really what decides whether or not it's necessary to worry about a Mirage spring on the front, because we do after all have 1/2 Mirage suspension. The possibility of them being Mirage springs isn't really a factor because the fronts are holding out fine. Also, they promised me free service for 1 month if the springs act up on me. They also knew about the problem before-hand because I told them a week prior to bringing in my ES. Obviously they would do some R&D like they said. I mean come on, they have like 3 full-blown cars SHOW&GO that have complete suspension kits. They wouldn't screw over us Lancer owners, I can tell.

If you wanna order em, I ordered through Pit Crew in San Gabriel, but you should be able to go to any performance parts store and order them.

Pics coming soon!

--- Kei
Old Aug 23, 2002, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

It does to me, if they used Mirage one, so $165 is a little high since the price for sprint on ebay is only $90 +S/H unless they will give me a free installation as they did to you. Anyway, I was just wondering....