Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment Question

I just installed the eibach pro kit...and love it. Nice drop while maintaining decent ride quality.

My question is, when getting the alignment done, should I do a 2 or 4 wheel alignment? AND, should I wait a week or so till the springs have settled completely?

One tire place said that I needed to get all 4 aligned, but I thought I remembered hearing someone on here say that you only need to get the fronts aligned since we're front wheel drive?

Any help is appreciated
Old May 17, 2004, 05:31 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should definitely get all 4 aligned. Just because the rear wheels do little more than hold the trunk up doesn't mean that they can point in any ol' direction. A week is about the longest I would go before getting it done, because the more you drive without the alignment, the more harsh wear you might be putting on your tires. I recall one thread froma guy who went on a 1,000 mile road trip after lowering and not getting an alignment. The insides if his brand new tires were worn through to the chords (in only a thousand miles!). So I suggest getting it done as soon as you can, the slight amount the springs settle will have almost no affect on the alignment, but the 1" + drop you just did will.