Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Springs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2002, 09:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Springs

I looking at springs for my Lancer, which ones should I get or Eibach Prokit, RoadRace Progress Spring Kit?

Last edited by HondaKillingLan; Sep 25, 2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you try searching for an answer? It's much quicker and you know you'll get your answer because this question has been asked so much I'm getting sick of hearing about it.

To answer your question though, I would get the Road Race Springs cause they make your car lower and their made by road Race so you know you can't go wrong.

Last edited by Babblingsponge; Sep 25, 2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the blast and the answer.

Last edited by HondaKillingLan; Sep 25, 2002 at 10:06 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

No problem. I didn't mean for you to take my comment in a negative or defensive way, I just thought you were a noob and didn't want to try searching. After I saw your status I decided you deserved some type of answer from me. In any case, I hope your install goes good on whatever springs you decide to get.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

get the rrm progress springs, i got them and i really like them. they drop the car just enough (not too low). i'm about to order the rear anti-sway bar because i've read that the two work really well together.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 12:42 AM

Man people can be dicks here. Maybe HKL did search the topic and didn't like the answers he found.

I would go for the RRM springs.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by WhoMe
Man people can be dicks here. Maybe HKL did search the topic and didn't like the answers he found.

I would go for the RRM springs.
You're a noob so get used to people being "dick's", especially to you. Most of the questions that can be asked on this forum probably have been already, and in great detail but noobs usually don’t even bother searching for anything, they need to be spoon fed. Based on that, people can get really irritated when questions are repeatedly asked. Remember that before you mouth off to a mod and get banned. Oh, and I apologized to HondaKillingLan, so how am I still a "dick" if I corrected my mistake and then proceeded to help him out with my opinion? I'm done with this thread cause I don't want to get it closed, say what you want noob, just remember that if you lash out against me you're just helping me prove my point.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 09:04 AM

Question RRM SPRINGS?....

Im considering buying the Eibach Sports, but I just read this post about the RRM Springs... what makes these springs better quality and performance over the other leading brands out there?? Im really confused on what springs to get, I dont wanna make a bad choice. Also, how much of a drop are the RRM's?
Old Oct 8, 2002, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

the rrm springs will drop the car 1.5 inches all the way around. . . i have them (along with the rear anti-sway bar and front strut bar), i really like the ride and the handling is good . . .
Old Oct 8, 2002, 09:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

RRM sells both Progress and Eibach pro-kits. If you're really not sure of which is better for you then you may want to try giving them a call and asking a few questions. Good luck.

WhoMe, I tend to agree with HKL but I dunno if I would have worded it the same way. All the info from users and prospective buyers has been posted time and time again on almost every product available at present and all one needs to do to find things is run a quick search and do some reading. It definitely gets annoying answering the same question 14 times. We have more repeat threads already than our combined active members have teeth.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call and we can explain trade off of the 2 springs. Basically RRM Progress is little lower and stiffer an Eibach higher softer.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Oct 8, 2002, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Rob, what's the logic behind the rear anti-sway bar working "especially better" with the progress springs? I personally am planning on the progress because I want a stiffer spring, does the stiffness cause extra hardship on the stock sway bar?