Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

BUYER BEWARE......Brembo Rotors on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well shoot I woulda bought them too, but I got an OZ! Frosty, man I thought everybody knew that even if LS and OZ are listed that it doesn't mean that they will fit an ES too! There is a reason that the ES is cheaper than the other 2 models! Oh well! and yeah he really should apologize for being rude, but that's up to him! I'm not trying to get anything off of ebay anyway excet for a sway bar, but that's probably it! Peace!!!
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

do i hear an apology coming? prolly not. lol i thought it was common sense to know bolt patterns and kinda rude buddy to ask for help them try to shove comments to people after them telling you whats up. should take more time to see things instead of jumpin into the truck only knowin your goin somewhere instead of specifics. repost on ebay and get that guys image back. people really see that as an issue bad %'s = no buyers...but ya bro dont be a jerk to people when your askin for some help.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:05 AM

*****Update******

It seems like Frosty will still not remove his negative feedback. He keeps pushing that the ebayer has the burden of proof, and must prove him wrong. Now after this whole thread started, woulnd't you think he would admit fault? Nope he is still trying to fight it. Below is a Squaretrade thread showing he is still waiting to be proven wrong...This is so funny!

Ebayer's File Complaint
What is needed to have feedback withdrawn? We provided part numbers and have shown the buyer that there was never a mentioning of the ES model listed in the auction

Frosty's Response (Keep in mind this after he admitted he was wrong on this thread)
I will withdraw the feedback I left under these conditions, and since this is the second time this issue has come up I will only say it one time. Prove the rotors where cut, drilled, and given a part number by Brembo, with a warranty. With this I require the phone number and the name of the Brembo employee that I can call to verify the above given information is true and a copy of the catalog from Brembo where these rotors can be found. I will also require the official date that Brembo started to support brake rotor applications for this car (keep in mind that if the date is after the end of the auction in question the feedback stays). Just to educate the growing public, the brake rotors for the ES, LS, and OZ are the same. The rotors have an effective diameter of 207mm, a drags force value of 78N (18lb), and a wheel cylinder ID of 54.0mm. The rotor thickness is, at a minimum, 22.4mm, and the run-out limit is 0.06mm. In fact, the only first difference that you come to when talking about the brake system of these three cars is ABS. Which has nothing to do with the brake rotors. So let??s review, there is no difference in the front brake rotors between the ES, LS, and OZ Mitsubishi Lancer. Not even the rear brake system is different. Once again: I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITHDRAW MY FEEDBACK IF JUST ONE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET. THIS IS A POSITION THAT I AM NOT WILLING TO BUDGE ON. I will not be providing any more information on this issue, the burden of proof rest completely on the seller at this point. Please do not waste my time and yours with any attempt to get me to change my mind, or alter my requirements. Thank you for your time, Robert

Ebayer's Response
1. Brembo Part #MR475330

2. Auction Application Listed:
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally / LS 2002-2003

3. The buyer insists that these rotors will not fit an ES. The Buyer is correct and it will not fit the ES, but in our auction it never states it will fit the ES.

4. Other sites also like www.tirerack.com who also sells similar products like us have assured me that the rotors we advertise are correct.

5. The diameter, thickness, caliper and hub size are the same for Mitsubishi Lancer ES and OZ Rally. The only difference between the OZ/LS and the ES is the lug pattern. Lancer OZ/LS have a 4x114.3 lug pattern which is the same as the Lancer Evolution 1-3. The ES has the 4x100 Lug pattern like previous 3rd-5th generation Mirages.

6. (Genuine Brembo cores machined by our facility) IS clearly listed in our auction. We have worked with rotors for many years and recieve the correct machine programs for each application of Brembo, Bradi, OP Parts and Mountain Japan Performance Rotors. We also work with Road Race Engineering in development of new products.

7. I am also an avid Mitsubishi Owner, and have been for a long time. I owned a 5th Generation Mirage and converted it to the Australian Lancer in the past, and currently own a Mitsubishi Evolution III GSR I currently participate in local So Cali Lancer Meets, and support Evolutionm.net as well as socalevo.net. It saddens me that after selling the correct product, the buyer will not admit that the parts are correct and we did not scam them. They are afraid to lose face.

8.I follow community mitsubishi boards and also found this thread. I cannot say it is this buyer but it is a perfect example. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94020

9. We just want to recieve the credit we deserve, we even refunded the buyer their payment because they were unsure. We did not even file a non paying bidder. I believe we have been more than fair.

Thank You

Frosty's 2nd Response
* I will withdraw the feedback I left under these conditions, and since this is the second time this issue has come up I will only say it one time. Prove the rotors where cut, drilled, and given a part number by Brembo, with a warranty. With this I require the phone number and the name of the Brembo employee that I can call to verify the above given information is true and a copy of the catalog from Brembo where these rotors can be found. I will also require the official date that Brembo started to support brake rotor applications for this car (keep in mind that if the date is after the end of the auction in question the feedback stays). Just to educate the growing public, the brake rotors for the ES, LS, and OZ are the same. The rotors have an effective diameter of 207mm, a drags force value of 78N (18lb), and a wheel cylinder ID of 54.0mm. The rotor thickness is, at a minimum, 22.4mm, and the run-out limit is 0.06mm. In fact, the only first difference that you come to when talking about the brake system of these three cars is ABS. Which has nothing to do with the brake rotors. So let??s review, there is no difference in the front brake rotors between the ES, LS, and OZ Mitsubishi Lancer. Not even the rear brake system is different. Once again: I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITHDRAW MY FEEDBACK IF JUST ONE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET. THIS IS A POSITION THAT I AM NOT WILLING TO BUDGE ON. I will not be providing any more information on this issue, the burden of proof rest completely on the seller at this point. Please do not waste my time and yours with any attempt to get me to change my mind, or alter my requirements. Thank you for your time, Robert

Ebayer's Response
I believe the buyer just cut and paste their original statement. I get the feeling no matter how much information i put there will be no conclusion. I have replied in our previous statement with all the proof they asked for.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

If the seller does in fact peruse EvoM, perhaps he'll see this thread or already has. If that's the case, he really should add negative feedback to frosty's username on these forums. It probably won't hurt, but at least it'll keep frosty from being misrepresented here as a respectable or responsible buyer/seller.

I hate to see people get burned by stupidity and I really hope the seller can get this worked out in their favor.

Frosty, you're one of the most deserving of being flamed of posters I've seen here. Just apologize, remove your feedback, and be done with it. You've got nothing to gain here by making the seller seem disreputable since you already got your money back. And with all that, you've learned something about the aftermarket for ES/LS/OZ Lancers. If it makes you feel bad that you can't get the rotors you wanted, don't worry - from what I've heard the wheel selection on the ES is a lot larger for the same reason.
-N
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol, too funny

frosty1000 is clearly in the wrong and any attempt to save face in front of us/ebay/seller/evom would be wasted effort.

What a goof

Edit: I just noticed that the ebay seller is no longer a registered user I hope ebay isn't taking action towards him over this.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Frosty... Seriously dude, YOU ARE WRONG. Sotp being a cockandballs and just admit when you're wrong. The world is full of *******s, don't be another.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

embarrassment is a horrible feeling !!!!! start a new screen name so no one will recogonize you!!!!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by psy-q
Edit: I just noticed that the ebay seller is no longer a registered user I hope ebay isn't taking action towards him over this.
I just noticed that too... I really hope he can resolve this because losing your eBay status really sucks. Frosty needs to have his *** kicked by anyone in the Dallas area. Whoever the seller was, you should let us know... it's obvious after rereading the updates that you're here somewhere.
-N
Old Sep 1, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this has gotten way out of hand for a little bithc who admitted he was wrong and is still too bull hurt to admit such.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mars
embarrassment is a horrible feeling !!!!! start a new screen name so no one will recogonize you!!!!
But wait, his current SN is new. So I guess he'll have to start his post counts again with a new SN. Newbies

People are so stupid, when you are wrong, just admitted and move on. Also, it should teach everyone a lesson to not be such an ahole cuz it could come back and get ya.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:35 PM

Ebayer has been suspended because Frosty states that Nipponhamfighters was selling fake Brembo rotors that could kill people. Ebay does not know the difference, and Frosty has notified ebay that the part is not listed in the Brembo Catalog. Sadly the part number is a correct Brembo part number for the Lancer OZ but it is not listed on the official Brembo website. He will not lift the complaint, so the suspension stands as of now.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:43 PM

Angry Read This.....and Bring It

I was going to let it all ride, I was going to just forget it, but then I thought....Why. So here I am again, brought before the firing squad to testify:

One:

To everyone that read this post and missed what I was saying, LEARN - TO - READ. To the forum gods, if you delete this thread before anyone reads it, that's fine, but I've got something to say........

When I bought these rotors, and when I posted this, I NEVER SAID I BOUGHT THESE ROTORS FOR "MY" LANCER, read the post again. And in one of the e-mails I sent toNipponhamfighters, who by the way just to finish airing out dirty laundry, is Drift Speed in this forum, I even told him they were for my mothers OZ. Wait, then when you started this last case through Square Trade I told you again, and can prove it. Want the VIN, want the Insurance carrier, what do you want name it I'll walk outside and get it. And then, Drift, Nippon, whatever you wanna be called, instead of sending what I asked for straight to me, like you've sent everything else, e-mail's about how I'm an idiot, or how you're gonna come kick my ***, you post here. What kinda Man are you....You can eat one, Bit me...you've got my address....when you think your ready, I'll be waiting for you....

Wait...there's more...

When I talked to you, when I e-mailed you, the statement you gave me was "These are straight from Brembo, we never CUT them" (that’s when I figured you were a liar), even though, like everyone here was saying "the guy says in his auction that they're brembo cores which he then using a CNC machine slotted and cross drilled. so technically i guess they're brembos, but they don' t ever mention te ES lancer model, only the OZ and LS." (Thanks for that one, Automatic 51, you were paying attention )

Hold on....don't stop reading....

Then, to top it all off, it gets here and he's defended like he's the Son of God, God Almighty, throw rose petals on the ground before him. When little do you guys know this guy is a snake. I posted my feedback and the e-mails just started pouring in. Not spam, not from him, but from the other people he's screwed, or not shipped items to, or the item arrived broken but the box is perfect. I figured someone would defend this snake, but I never thought he'd be the Anti-Christ. Then, when you disappeared from eBay, I got e-mails about that too. You're a snake, and everyone that has his back, he's got ya'll fooled.

Oh wait......

And this still gets a giggle or two from my wife.....

I bought and paid for the items on the same day. Payment in full, not a penny short. FOUR days later, I asked you to send me the tracking number WHEN YOU GOT IT. Not, send it now, not, where the hell is my stuff, WHEN YOU GOT IT. To which you got all defensive about how I was rushing you, how I shouldn't worry about getting them. $110 through paypal, you don't just "not worry about it", and people that do either have money to throw to the wind, or should seek professional help. Simple saying that it would take 7 to 10 business days BEFORE IT IS SHIPPED would have been enough, but your reply was "we'll just refund you the money". Which, just to add, I NEVER ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK, I ASKED FOR THE ROTORS I PAID FOR. Somehow, this confused you Mr. Brian Fujita, I'll never understand that one. And at this point, don't even care......

Final Word.......

neilscully.....don't send someone else to do your dirty work....be a man...come yourself....PM me....you can have my address too....don't be afraid of the 45 on my hip, it's been there since I left Chicago's South side....and it's always primed and ready hoe cakes like you...always

Automatic 51....that's a big word for such a small guy...you can have a shot at the title as well

Brian....I don't make threats.....I make promises

Frosty1000
A.K.A
Chief Enforcer

Last edited by frosty1000; Sep 3, 2004 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Forgot about Automatic 51
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:48 PM

And I don't need a new screen name, this one is just fine...............
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

heh, I love people who offer to fight ppl over the internet. frosty, you're rediculous, and there's people with bigger guns than vagina 45's.

- Jason

P.S. In your very first post, you mention betting your friend $20 that Brembo did not make a kit for the "ES" .... why would you be betting/concerned about the ES kit when you were trying to buy a kit for "Your MOMS oz" ..... because you weren't, it makes no sense, you screwed up.

Last edited by LancerOZ; Sep 4, 2004 at 12:02 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:03 AM

yeah, I know...believe me it's not a regular occurence....But this Drift Speed guy really has me hot at this point.

I really was content on letting it go since someone grabed the wrong idea from my post and ran with it. But when he had something to say, that was all she wrote. He knows the score, so the rest of the world can believe what they will, but what can you expect from a liar.

And the bet was just that, a bet between two good friends, that was there cause I wanted me money back from him.

Last edited by frosty1000; Sep 4, 2004 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE......Brembo Rotors on Ebay