Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

BUYER BEWARE......Brembo Rotors on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BUYER BEWARE......Brembo Rotors on Ebay

I'll be nice.....at first......

Has anyone seen the Brembo Rotors for sale on Ebay...Anyone ever buy a set and actually recieve them?........Anyone have proof that they are real?

Well let me tell you what has happened so far............

I saw a set on ebay going for $80, and like most of us here, jumped on it. Worst thing I could have ever done. It started when the seller started giving me the run around on the UPS tracking number....Then after a week, and several e-mails I filed a claim through ebay, and paypal.....I told my good friend and he said, "Brembo doesn't make rotors for the Lancer ES".....I bet him $20 that they did.....so we downloaded the catalog from Brembo, and called our local speed shop, and checked every onlie store we could find....even the ones with bad web pages and strange shipping costs.......

Long story short......I lost $20, but did get my money back from the ebay seller.....Brembo doesn't make rotors for this car, never have.....now the seller on ebay is pissed cause I gave him a negative feedback for selling fake rotors.....

Now if anyone here knows that Brembo makes rotors for the 02-03 Lancer ES, OZ, LS, and can provide a part number for them. I'll apologize to the ebay seller, and get my $20 back.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMERFB%3AIID

Otherwise................BUYER BEWARE..............Stay away from the Brembo Brake Rotors on Ebay for the Lancer ES, OZ, or LS

Frosty
Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

from what i hear shops will buy brembo blanks and drill them out themselves and sell them as BREMBO rotors. i bought some for my mirage two years ago and they came in brembo boxes with brembo paperwork. kinda shasy though. i won't put those on my lancer only the ones from RRM.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mars
from what i hear shops will buy brembo blanks and drill them out themselves and sell them as BREMBO rotors. i bought some for my mirage two years ago and they came in brembo boxes with brembo paperwork. kinda shasy though. i won't put those on my lancer only the ones from RRM.
Yeah, I've been wary of those eBay rotors for the same reason. Buying Brembo blanks and having them drilled isn't quite the same as having Brembo manufacture the entire rotor.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! Hopefully you'll be getting your money back with no other hassles. This will be a very good warning for what would have been potential buyers.

On the note of options we do have, as mentioned by mars there's the Powerslot rotors from RRM and I just got a hold of Rotora and they have rotors available for the Lancer as well! They also have a killer deal for their rotors + Axxis ultimate pads ($113 a side for ES).
Old Aug 15, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well, TireRack sells Brembo slotted rotors for the OZ/LS on their site. They have plain, slotted, and drilled.

Further, it appears that the link you posted is to an eBay auction for OZ/LS rotors. It even lists the applications and doesn't mention the ES. You should have read more closely and I hope you can take back your bad feedback because complaints from bad customers are the hardest thing to explain to future potential buyers.
-N
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:21 PM

Now if I only had a part number

Neilscully you may have won me my $20 back, now if there was only a part number. I'm going to call Brembo again tomorrow, cause the Lancer doesn't show up in there catalog. Well the EVO does.....but they'd pe foolish not to support that beast. One step closer to getting my $20 back. I'll let you guys know what Brembo says.

Anyway, I hadn't heard anything about the blanks situation before. Yet, even if they are cut from blanks, I'm with ghostrider. I didn't read anything about them being cut from blanks in the auction, and if I had, I would have kept walking. I want them straight from Brembo. Rotors and Pads for $113 isn't bad at all, I'll have to check that out.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by frosty1000
Rotors and Pads for $113 isn't bad at all, I'll have to check that out.
Shoot their sales department an email. When I emailed them directly they apologized for not having the website updated cuz right now the only listing is for the OZ. Rest assured that they do in fact have rotors/pads/combos for the ES, LS, OZ, Ralli, and Evo!
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the guy says in his auction that they're brembo cores which he then using a CNC machine slotted and cross drilled. so technically i guess they're brembos, but they don' t ever mention te ES lancer model, only the OZ and LS.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well, regardless of whether or not you find a part number, you owe that eBay vendor an apology. He has an auction for LS/OZ brembo rotors, just like Tire Rack sells, and he has it clearly labeled for those vehicles. You screwed him over by insisting that he doesn't really have it after buying it even though it's not even supposed to be for your car.

Don't spread misinformation as truth until you've actually read your own story.
-N
Old Aug 27, 2004, 08:46 PM

Lightbulb Did you ride the short bus to school......

You know, neilscully, when you first said something I thought that you might know what you were talking about. I've come to find, now that I back from my long much needed vacation that you’re about as slow as a car with four flat tires. So I thought I'd you out, let's start class:

The following information can be found at your local dealer:

Front disc brake disc effective diameter mm (in) -> 207 (8.0)
Front disc brake wheel cylinder ID mm (in) -> 54.0 (2.13)
Front disc brake drags force N (lb) -> 78 (18) or less
Disc brake disc thickness mm (in) -> 24.0 (0.9) minimum 24.4 (0.88)
Disc brake disc run-out mm (in) -> limit of 0.06 (0.002)

These are the specs for the front brake rotors of the ES, LS and OZ. They are the SAME. All this information can be found on page 35A-44 and 35A-45 of the dealer service manual that I finally got from my dealership (four whole volumes). So if you buy rotors for the LS and OZ, you get a bonus prize of getting rotors for the ES as well, YEAH!!!!

Class is released; school's out and you fail . Now beat it before we take your lunch money.

Last edited by frosty1000; Aug 27, 2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Frosty... I hate to knock the wind out of a little pisant like you... but - Oh wait... no I don't.

You're a farking moron. Neil is right, you're wrong. The rotors for the LS/OZ are different than those of the ES even though each and every one of those specs you listed are the same... You've neglected the BOLT PATTERN you ***.

OZ/LS - 4x114.3mm
Es - 4x100mm

So now you owe 2 apologies. One to the ebayer, and the second to Neil.

Next time do some reasearch.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 09:17 PM

You got me!!!!

the room is getting very dark..........tell ma I love her......tell pa I'm sorry.......it's getting colder..........
Old Aug 27, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Location: [6][5][0]san mateo, California..."rEpN dA YaY aReA!!"
sounds too cheap for brembo..
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:53 AM

Brembos are not all made overseas in Europe. OEM Grey Metal Rotors are produced in Mexico. Perhaps that is why they are a lot cheaper than you are used to seeing on the official Brembo Website. These have been a common, cheap and reliable replacement option for many years.

Also Frosty1000 I believe that you should bite the bullet and apologize to Neil and Hank, as well as the ebayer. I see you left a pretty harsh feedback for them. It hurts them a lot when people think they are selling fake products, when in fact their items are genuine and are sold by many other companies such as Tire Rack who also sponsors this actual forum.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the funniest thread I think I've ever read.

Well, maybe a tie with the thread where I was told "eat ****, captain obvious..."
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

stupid you for buying them :P

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE......Brembo Rotors on Ebay