Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

possible 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible 6 speed

Is it possible to switch our cars to 6 speed and what would be required to do it. I know new transmission, anybody know what kind of 6 speed transmission would work to swap out.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Search, this has been discussed countless times.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
A six-speed transmission probably won't happen. Why do you want a six-speed anyway? Not happy with the top speed of the five-speed transmission?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

get an evo..
Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Just say no. Or better yet, a sticky should be made of what a Lancer can do and what a Lancer can't do. It could be called the Lancer Constitution.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

there is nothing impossible on the world. but the point is...does it worth it?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of that.. it would probably be cheaper to put in closer ratio gears.. but still remain a 5speed. Please search first.. someone just posted this same topic like 3 weeks ago.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

swap a eclipse gst /gsx engine
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:30 PM

For you people saying please search i did search and did not see a thread that said anything about 6 speed. You don't like the fact i asked the question get the Fuc* out of this thread. Number 2 the reason i am doing it is because i am having a completely redone engine if you search my username i have a thread and pictures talking about everything being done and the five gears i have is not enough for my long run plan and for sure do not like the top speed. Any people that don't belive this can be done look at your lives and figure out where you are at right now and that is becuase you have lack of motivation to do anything that you think you might like or benifit from.... so leave my thread i made and let the intelligent "want to be helpfull" people talk with out your trash being in here. Thank you.. please don't come again.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:33 PM

Here are those previous threads talking about what is getting done to the engine.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=134201 https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=136733
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=131891

pretty much the same thread with the same info, basically just need the money for a custom job, least that's what I read.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
If you want the best advise on what you should do, ask this guy: jon@teamrip.com. Team Rip Engineering (or TRE) is one of the leaders in DSM transmission work. I inquired to them a few months back about strengthening the components of the Lancer transmission and got some great information. They can do the same work to the Lancer transmission that they do to EVOs and Eclipses. Drop Jon a line and he'll steer you in the right direction. And I know you probably felt the need to vent after getting responses you didn't want to hear. But I don't think it was necessary. Good luck on your engine. Can't wait to see the final product.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andy_1985
For you people saying please search i did search and did not see a thread that said anything about 6 speed. You don't like the fact i asked the question get the Fuc* out of this thread. Number 2 the reason i am doing it is because i am having a completely redone engine if you search my username i have a thread and pictures talking about everything being done and the five gears i have is not enough for my long run plan and for sure do not like the top speed. Any people that don't belive this can be done look at your lives and figure out where you are at right now and that is becuase you have lack of motivation to do anything that you think you might like or benifit from.... so leave my thread i made and let the intelligent "want to be helpfull" people talk with out your trash being in here. Thank you.. please don't come again.
Chill out. Prozac is your friend.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by senate6268
If you want the best advise on what you should do, ask this guy: jon@teamrip.com. Team Rip Engineering (or TRE) is one of the leaders in DSM transmission work. I inquired to them a few months back about strengthening the components of the Lancer transmission and got some great information. They can do the same work to the Lancer transmission that they do to EVOs and Eclipses. Drop Jon a line and he'll steer you in the right direction. And I know you probably felt the need to vent after getting responses you didn't want to hear. But I don't think it was necessary. Good luck on your engine. Can't wait to see the final product.
TRE race prepped EVO-MR 6 speed and all the parts to put it into and EVO-8 is $4500 shipped.

As for working on the Lancer, OZ or Ralliart models we service them and have upgrades too.

Jon@teamrip.com
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andy_1985
Hey stud. You need a reality check and some downers. You know what your kind of blind motivation will yield? a car in pieces on the floor of a garage. A garage that you owe thousands of dollars to, even though they didn't finish the project. Worse, you won't want to just say "wow, that sucks, I was really really wrong about this. Please put it back together"

Just take a quick gander at your compatriot in "money talks, BS walks" : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=swap

6 months into his 10 day project and he's either so happy with his swap that he didn't bother to come back and tell us how great it is and how wrong we all are, or.... yeah, it didn't happen.

5 gears is plenty. when you actually start making enough power to bump the 136-odd MPH limit of the stock gears, how about you take my man's advice and start looking at a new set of gears then.