Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

LancerShop Authority short shifter installed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking LancerShop Authority short shifter installed

I was going to make this thread on Sunday afternoon but I'm too excited. First of all, a big THANK YOU to Ambystom for suggesting this to me.

I got this from LancerShop cuz i was in desperate need of a short shifter. It looked great and came with all the pieces, and for just over 100 bucks - that's a deal in my book. Anyways, install was pretty straight forward. I removed the front seats to make it easier to remove the shifter console. Don't forget to unclip the seat belt wiring under the driver's seat.

I then removed the kick panels on the front of the console just under the dash. The plastic clips came apart so i just said f*ck it. Remove the two screws at the rear of the console by the e brake handle and unclip the connector. That will allow you to remove the shifter console. Don't forget about one more screw under the ashtray.

There are 4 bolts holding the shifter base down. Remove these with a 12 mm socket < i think >. Beware of the front left bolt - you need to remove the retaining clip on the shifter before you remove this bolt because the cable runs right over the bolt. Now you can lift up on the base and remove the rubber buishings. Pull out the metal guide from the bottom and push up on the rubber to remove it. The replacement brass bushings went in perfectly. Two bushings go at each corner - one on top, one on the bottom. After you are done, this makes the shifter base EXTREMELY stiff. Love it already.

The shifter is straight forward - remove the two bolts and replace the shifter. You will have a b*tch of a time with the two plastic end cups so I removed them by pulling on them with a t shirt. I picked up some Valvoline Synpower synthetic grease at the local store - I made sure to use a lot. Put some new grease on the old shifter ball cup too. Remove the shifter knob and replace the console. Screw on shifter knob.

Underhood bushings were included in this kit too. This is where the fun began. The kit has two bushings - one big one for the bottom and a smaller one for the top. I first tried removing the top bushing. No luck. Long story short - i had to go to the local Lowe's to buy a Dremel to cut the metal collar off. It was rusted on there good. What a pain in the d*ck. Larger bushing was simple - pulled off & put new one on. I coated the two underhood bushings with grease too to make install a little easier.

REVIEW - this is what i have been searching for all my life This is an EXCXELLENT mod for any manual Lancer. The gear shifts are incredibly precise and the shifter throws are short and crisp. Fitment is first rate - no problems whatsoever. I think this will cure my problems with that dreaded third gear. This product gets .

Sorry for the long post but wanted to sing praises of this great product.

Last edited by Lil red '03; Sep 17, 2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Pics
Attached Thumbnails LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter2.jpg   LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter1.jpg   LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter3.jpg   LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter4.jpg   LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter6.jpg  

Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Tadaaa......Miller time
Attached Thumbnails LancerShop Authority short shifter installed-shortshifter5.jpg  
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Morning bump
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Afternoon bump

Oh yeah, you catch the score of the Eagles - Niners game ???
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nice man! how does it feel? im thinkin bout doin the same...worth the money?
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Glad you like it, should get a new shift knob too, I love(d) my short shifter with the greddy long knob, quick shifts that go in like a knife through butter.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got it on my evo, it is GREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT!!!
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

WHy did you take out your seats?
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

^yea thats what i wanna know..
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Just took the seats out to have more room to work. Having more room helped with the removal of the shifter console. It's prolly not necessary but it helped me
Old Sep 18, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

taking out the seats is not necessary at all, it will give u more room to work with, but it's j/extra work that u dont need to do..
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

That was definatly more work than had to be done...
Good Job though

Marcos M. Duarte

Last edited by CityKnight; Oct 26, 2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

at least u got to clean under the seats
Old Oct 21, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by N1te
at least u got to clean under the seats
Uh yeah frank..... thank goodness for that huh ? j/k

This is a GREAT shifter and i will sing the praises of it for quite a while

Quick Reply: LancerShop Authority short shifter installed